Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Associations
Photo 
I've long enjoyed a posting game that I contribute to on another forum and thought the concept might interest a few here.

The idea is to post an image that relates in some way to the previous posted image. It can be a connection as direct as an actor who starred in a movie still or as obscure as a product referred to in an advertising hoarding in the background of a picture. The association isn't always obvious and some degree of lateral thinking may be required to work out the association or to put up a clever 'reply'. No explanation should be required. Keep it seemly, this is a family show!

Enjoy but do be aware that this can become somewhat addictive.

Right, a starter for 10 Tongue 

[Image: 44-Battersea-ap.jpg?width=982&height=726...quality=75]
[attachment=132 Wrote:harm_less pid='9561' dateline='1638778836']I've long enjoyed a posting game that I contribute to on another forum and thought the concept might interest a few here.

The idea is to post an image that relates in some way to the previous posted image. It can be a connection as direct as an actor who starred in a movie still or as obscure as a product referred to in an advertising hoarding in the background of a picture. The association isn't always obvious and some degree of lateral thinking may be required to work out the association or to put up a clever 'reply'. No explanation should be required. Keep it seemly, this is a family show!

Enjoy but do be aware that this can become somewhat addictive.

Right, a starter for 10 Tongue 

[Image: 44-Battersea-ap.jpg?width=982&height=726...quality=75]
[attachment=132]
[Image: rYNyu1kg.jpg]

(best to use the New Reply (black) button to avoid image double ups)

I do have other cameras!
You've got the idea but you have to be quick at times.

I do have other cameras!
[Image: australia-circa-stamp-printed-australia-...986814.jpg]
Could be fun, but I already don't get a couple of the associations. Maybe I'm just thick. :-))
(06-12-2021, 10:31 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Could be fun, but I already don't get a couple of the associations. Maybe I'm just thick. :-))
The way I interpretted it: Pink pig - pink elephant with sunglasses, -dog with sunglasses. Practica was referring a bit too slow but the wall related to the first picture which was Pink Floyd related, with a Wall. Practica's next image perhaps related to my too slow comment (?) but none the less I replied to his sand man with a Holden Sandman ute.

Also I find it best to post using online images which I copy the image URL then paste it using the 'Insert an Image' icon above.
Not for me , I dont get it at all
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(07-12-2021, 07:29 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Not for me , I dont get it at all
To each their own. I just enjoy some mental gymnastics from time to time.
(07-12-2021, 06:48 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 10:31 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Could be fun, but I already don't get a couple of the associations. Maybe I'm just thick. :-))
The way I interpretted it: Pink pig - pink elephant with sunglasses, -dog with sunglasses. Practica was referring a bit too slow but the wall related to the first picture which was Pink Floyd related, with a Wall. Practica's next image perhaps related to my too slow comment (?) but none the less I replied to his sand man with a Holden Sandman ute.

Also I find it best to post using online images which I copy the image URL then paste it using the 'Insert an Image' icon above.
Ah, the sunglasses. I missed that. I wasn't observant enough. I see I'm gonna have to put my more motivated brain into gear.

It's a body from Pompeii - more Pink Floyd. I took the dog as a reference to "Animals".
I do have other cameras!
(07-12-2021, 10:32 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 06:48 AM)harm_less Wrote: The way I interpretted it: Pink pig - pink elephant with sunglasses, -dog with sunglasses. Practica was referring a bit too slow but the wall related to the first picture which was Pink Floyd related, with a Wall. Practica's next image perhaps related to my too slow comment (?) but none the less I replied to his sand man with a Holden Sandman ute.

It's a body from Pompeii - more Pink Floyd. I took the dog as a reference to "Animals".
I did wonder about that possibility but again out of step so the relevance failed.

Now, onward from my Sandman pic... Australia, Holden, 50c, guitar, surfing... take your pick Smile
that dog reminds me of Jeff Lynne
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup

I can't figure out how to make the picture bigger like the ones ^^^^
[Image: 1598062446871.jpg]

Pigs might fly.

I see pink elephants.
(07-12-2021, 01:41 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I can't figure out how to make the picture bigger like the ones ^^^^
The larger images are added using the add image button which only allows links from websites. As against what you are doing which is to add an image as an attachment.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I post images like this:
  • Put your subject into Google.
  • Choose the Images option which will display all relevant images to your search.
  • Click on one of the image thumbnails.
  • Avoid copyright images such as those from Shutterstock.
  • A larger version will open on the right of your screen.
  • Right click on the larger image and select Copy Image Link.
  • Use the Black 'New Reply' button.
  • Paste this into your post by selecting Insert an Image icon in the tool bar above.
  • Choose Insert and a preview will will result.
  • If you're satisfied with it choose Post Reply.
That all sorts a bit complex but the process is quickly learnt.