Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Microsoft Chrome...
Big Grin 
That's essentially what Edge is, bundled with some extra features that integrate things into your windows ecosystem.

I just have to crack up with the way they nag users to switch over.

"Same technology as Chrome, with the added trust of Microsoft"

Are they trying to say that they are mone trustworthy than Google?

Personally, I treat them both as bad as each other.
The fact that Microsoft resorted to using an open source browser, says alot. This direction is not something that would have happened 20 years ago.
I'm surprised they are not worried about another Netscape style lawsuit the way they are going  nagging people to switch, they also do alot of underhanded methods to switch people over when updating windows and displaying a message that imply your default app settings has a "problem" and click here to fix to the "recommended" defaults.
They are not "fixing" anything, and just giving me more work, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much when someone says to me their "google" has gone lol

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/lifestyle/s...ng-it-now/
saw that article, read with bemusement...

I'm with you actually, get quite a bit of work out of those 'underhanded methods'... Google is just as bad though...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(07-12-2021, 09:34 AM)king1 Wrote: saw that article, read with bemusement...

I'm with you actually, get quite a bit of work out of those 'underhanded methods'... Google is just as bad though...
Your right, when Chrome launched, google forced people to download it and users just thought it was a "newer" google.
Then I would get complaints why firefox or IE was not working anymore.
People still think google is a "thing" that lives on your computer