Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid Experts
I prefer regular use of hand sanitiser, it is quicker and creates less waste, but the point is well made. Those of us fortunate enough to have escaped contact with the virus are pretty well aware of the benefits of social distancing and mask wearing in the more social spaces.

It is nice though seeing faces when out and about...  Big Grin
I always wear my face mask whenever I think it's a risky place ie Supermarkets, low ceiling crowded rooms, and always hand sanitize whenever necessary, ie checkouts, money machines and anything a lot of other people touch.

The seventy year olds and above are the age groups most likely to get a serious infection which could prove fatal.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(09-03-2023, 10:09 AM)MirandaHaley Wrote: Hello there! I came across this forum post from a while back and wanted to chime in. I think it's important to remember that the situation with Covid is constantly evolving, and new information is being discovered all the time. While some predictions may not have come true, it doesn't mean that they were necessarily incorrect or that the experts were fear-mongering. That's why it's not the time to stop using disposable latex gloves in public. As for Michael Baker, I can't speak to his party habits, but I do know that he is a respected epidemiologist who has provided valuable insights into the Covid pandemic. While his predictions may seem dire at times, it's important to take them seriously and consider the steps we can take to prevent the spread of the virus. Anyway, I just wanted to share my perspective on this topic.

Gloves are great until the next time you touch your face. They need to be kept clean just like hands and I don't really see much difference except possibly as a reminder about the risk of surface contamination. People seem to be less aware of that than they were, but mask wearing has also dropped to near nothing (unfortunately).  It freaks me out when I see how people are so blase about touching their masks - it's dangerous, don't touch it.

Everything Michael Baker says sounds pretty sensible. Along with the other experts that have had a lot of air time. Trouble is, so many people think they know more and now just want to ignore the risk. Which means the rest of us have to be more vigilant if we don't want to get sick.

I wear a mask everywhere that I can't avoid contact with other people. Especially but not only the supermarket. And plenty of hand sanitiser everywhere I have to touch anything that has been touched by other people - including everything that comes into the house.
Here's an "expert" who paid the price:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3mb89/i...emoi-death
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche