Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Auckland couriers
I gather there is a huge backlog of Aramex deliveries in Auckland. Their website says up to 9 working days delay. Does anyone know if that also applies to Auckland items being sent elsewhere - specifically by Aramex? Thanks.
(07-12-2021, 03:30 PM)SueDonim Wrote: I gather there is a huge backlog of Aramex deliveries in Auckland. Their website says up to 9 working days delay. Does anyone know if that also applies to Auckland items being sent elsewhere - specifically by Aramex? Thanks.
I think it might be just Auckland with the "IN" parcels, though it could also be their 'OUT' parcels as well, so I'm not 100%.

I am a sender of a parcel that I booked throught TM's BAC, and was picked up by Aramex on the 5th Nov, and buyer is still waiting.
I have rung Aramex several times, and they are at the point now of doing a depot search. I do believe that the parcel is there in Auckland. Under a huge pile of other parcels I expect.

With so many people now buying online, and not recovering fully from the lockdowns where they were still working, I think they are struggling.

If you are in Auckland, I'd give them a ring, if you have a parcel stuck somewhere.
Deliveries to Auckland addresses are backlogged in most courier companies at present. This has been the case since the last lockdown was implemented back in August based on what we are experiencing with NZ Couriers which they have been informing us of during that time. We've seen several customers on Waiheke for example wait a week for delivery rather than the overnight duration which is normally the case nationwide.

The problem lies in the difficulties and added input required to work under restricted contact rules. For outward deliveries the bulk transportation of freight isn't being impacted and once it's outside Auckland's borders the distribution issue doesn't exist, from what we're seeing.
(07-12-2021, 03:50 PM)harm_less Wrote: Deliveries to Auckland addresses are backlogged in most courier companies at present. This has been the case since the last lockdown was implemented back in August based on what we are experiencing with NZ Couriers which they have been informing us of during that time.

The problem lies in the difficulties and added input required to work under restricted contact rules. For outward deliveries the bulk transportation of freight isn't being impacted and once it's outside Auckland's borders the distribution issue doesn't exist, from what we're seeing.
That's what I'm finding to. It seems to be an Auckland issue, and for the reasons that you've stated.

I use TM's BAC, and mostly Aramex, and they are excellent at picking up the parcels and getting them travelling, but some of the Auckland ones are stalling as "in transit" on the tracking.

For me, it's just one parcel into Auckland that I'm having an issue with, and I really feel for them, and the pressure that they are under, especially because Christmas is coming. It must be a nightmare for them. Poor buggers.

Thankfully I have a buyer who is being very patient.
Thanks for that. We are weighing up whether to brave the traffic to Auckland when the border opens, or risk asking for delivery by courier, knowing that it might get held up.
You could send something by an urgent courier. Not sure who does that....NZCouriers? Anyone know?

On my local page on FB, there have been a few people talking about delayed deliveries too, so I guess that it would be hard to guarantee a parcel getting to it's destination before Christmas for example.
NZ couriers is going OK. Not overnight, but maybe 2 or 3 nights.
(07-12-2021, 07:05 PM)TygerTung Wrote: NZ couriers is going OK. Not overnight, but maybe 2 or 3 nights.
We use NZ Couriers. 2-3 nights isn't unusual for Auckland addresses, particularly if rural is involved, but since August that's extended out to about a week on numerous occasions. Not easy going for them and they do prioritise deliveries to businesses over residential.
In my recent experience? Albany to Devonport, ten days. Christchurch to Devonport, four days.

I could have scooted the distance faster than that...
I posted to Auckland from Christchurch on a Thursday and it was delivered on Tuesday, but that was including the weekend which I would assume the staff are having the day off.
(08-12-2021, 07:16 AM)TygerTung Wrote: I posted to Auckland from Christchurch on a Thursday and it was delivered on Tuesday, but that was including the weekend which I would assume the staff are having the day off.
One of my buyers from TM got their parcel delivered last Sunday.
I had a nightmare getting something delivered by Aramex. Customer service is from a single call centre who don't have systems to actually do anything. Based on that I would never send something using them.
(07-12-2021, 08:13 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: In my recent experience? Albany to Devonport, ten days. Christchurch to Devonport, four days.

I could have scooted the distance faster than that...
You were lucky. I recently had a parcel coming on NZ Couriers that took almost 3 weeks to get from Albany to Henderson. Then a 2nd parcel coming with Toll couriers that came up from Palmerston North in 24 hours then sat at the Auckland depot for 14 working days. 4 e-mails to them complaining made no difference.
I have heard from the person I sent the parcel to that someone broke into the apartment building at night time and stole some parcels which included the one I sent up. It was only an impression of my inner ear so would be very disappointing for the villain. I need it to get a hearing aid, so it is a bother as I will have to get a new impression done and post it up again.
Courier Christmas cut-off times
Pretty much too late now for deliveries before Christmas.

ARAMEX
https://www.aramex.co.nz/contact-us/chri...off-times/

NZPost
https://www.nzpost.co.nz/

NZCouriers
https://static.helpjuice.com/helpjuice_p..._Dates.pdf

Post Haste
https://phlextras.co.nz/updates/service_...1639532635
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
I went to the post shop today with mine. Couriers are so overloaded they are rejecting home pick ups. Easier just to buy a post bag.
(15-12-2021, 02:50 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I went to the post shop today with mine. Couriers are so overloaded they are rejecting home pick ups. Easier just to buy a post bag.
To be honest, I'm thinking of closing my La Petit shoppette on TM, just to save the couriers. I still have quite a few buyers, so ummmmmm, not sure.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(15-12-2021, 01:36 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Courier Christmas cut-off times
Pretty much too late now  for deliveries before Christmas.

ARAMEX
https://www.aramex.co.nz/contact-us/chri...off-times/

NZPost
https://www.nzpost.co.nz/

NZCouriers
https://static.helpjuice.com/helpjuice_p..._Dates.pdf

Post Haste
https://phlextras.co.nz/updates/service_...1639532635
Interesting to see that Aramex are the only one to identify a delay issue for Auckland deliveries.

We're seeing some delays to Auckland customers with NZ Couriers who are struggling with record freight volumes compounded by COVID related delays in Auckland but the worst we've seen to date is a week, whereas Auckland has previously been 1-2 days for urban Auckland addresses. So, we're still sending off orders to our Auckland customers with pre-Xmas delivery expected.
NZCouriers though, promote an overnight service though, don't they?

I would say that Aramex is the hardest hit?? because of TM's BAC.

Do you send large boxes by any change?
I ask, because while looking at something on Facebook about deliveries of their product, to rural addresses, this is what it says...

"On January 15th 2022: Shipping for Rural subscription orders of 16 meals will be increasing from $10 to $23 due to the increased cost of shipping heavy boxes to rural addresses".
NZ Couriers are next weekday (overnight but not weekends) but Auckland has always presented some difficulties in that regard, particularly for Auckland RD addresses.

We send large items nationwide with NZ Couriers with custom rates for our particular requirements. We can also divert to their Post Haste (budget) division for InterIsland deliveries with reduced rates for a two-day delivery model.

Haven't heard anything about that sort of price rise for rural items but suspect it would be due to NZ Post (RD) implementing weight based charges. Presently we are charged a set rural charge irrespective of whether its an E20 satchel or a 25kg roll of fabric.