Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rude Trade Me buyer
Has anyone ever cancelled a sale because the buyer was such a jackass that you don't want to trade with them?  Without getting into specifics, I have one now who has written to me as though I was his serf.  

He has already paid but I would rather refund him than deal with him in the future when he complains about the small flaw (photographed and mentioned in the listing) which he probably hasn't read or noticed based on his inability to read instructions.  I suppose I could email him and point out the flaw and hope that he cancels the sale but I really would prefer to cancel the trade and suck up the success fee. It is a $10 item.

I am prepared to take a negative feedback and give my explanation in return (impatient, rude, not reading and following instructions). Accurate, not retaliatory.
(07-12-2021, 04:16 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: Has anyone ever cancelled a sale because the buyer was such a jackass that you don't want to trade with them?  Without getting into specifics, I have one now who has written to me as though I was his serf.  

He has already paid but I would rather refund him than deal with him in the future when he complains about the small flaw (photographed and mentioned in the listing).  I suppose I could email him and point out the flaw and hope that he cancels the sale but I really would prefer to cancel the trade and suck up the success fee.  It is a $10 item.

I am prepared to take a negative feedback and give my explanation in return (impatient, rude, not reading and following instructions). Accurate, not retaliatory.
I've never cancelled a sale, but I have known that a particular purchase will be the last one they ever make with me.

Personally, I would go ahead with the sale. The contract has been made with them, and it's down to the seller to complete the trade.

If they give you a negative feedback because they've not read your info correctly and find the flaw when receiving the item, they can't come back to you and expect their money back. On that basis, TM will look at their negative feedback, and remove it if they think it's unfair or retaliatory. Just don't you give the retaliatory. You keep your hands clean, so to speak.

If this person is being difficult, you can contact TM about that too. Use the live chat though, don't email. Live chat is instant...or a short (usually) waiting time in the queue.

Finish the trade, and know you've done the right thing.Smile
I know what you're saying, but if I continue with the sale, he won't learn that his words have consequences. I have a low tolerance for disrespect and a bad temper. Smile
(07-12-2021, 04:41 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: I know what you're saying, but if I continue with the sale, he won't learn that his words have consequences. I have a low tolerance for disrespect and a bad temper. Smile
You know I'm right. It's not for you to teach him about anything.Smile
Anyone who sells anything, will have a story to tell of someone who was a rude plonker.

None of us like to be talked to like we're a piece of shit on their shoes. Blacklist them, then you don't ever have to deal with them again. Shy
No buyers like that, but a few sellers I've traded with have been absolute fuckwits. I wear their negatives with pride.
Give them a break. We don't know what's going on in their life. I would go through with the trade, after all it is legally binding, you might be surprised that nothing bad happens. If the flaw is well documented in the auction then they should see it. If you were worried about the buyer not seeing the flaw, a simple email to them telling them about it would have alleviated a lot of worry.
that was me
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Payments been made so I would just send it and not give it another thought.
I had one buyer bid on auction and not respond after repeated emails to the buyer asking for their shipping address so I could work out shipping costs, etc, then I relisted the item and got a blue face.
Dont know whats wrong with some traders.
(08-01-2022, 09:46 AM)nzoomed Wrote: I had one buyer bid on auction and not respond after repeated emails to the buyer asking for their shipping address so I could work out shipping costs, etc, then I relisted the item and got a blue face.
Dont know whats wrong with some traders.
  have found that the ones i have had trouble with, are those with smart phones,who do not scroll down , to all of the description, to find out all the details of the sale . I've bee emailing a customer ,who gave me the wrong address,he shifted towns,and some how its my fault ! Undecided
i have written some lovely feedbacks
generally speaking i'm a bit reluctant to give feedback of any kind, I have always felt that most feedback systems are so untrustworthy

They are usually either a negatively charged rant by some entitled moron who thinks their gods gift, or it is a marketing department coerced puff piece...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
hey take it easy on us self entitled morons
(16-03-2022, 07:23 AM)Magoo Wrote: hey take it easy on us self entitled morons
Why, are you an endangered species? Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(17-03-2022, 06:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(16-03-2022, 07:23 AM)Magoo Wrote: hey take it easy on us self entitled morons
Why, are you an endangered species? Big Grin Big Grin

Haha, hardly! We have whole generations of them now   Rolleyes
When a buyer pays for their item I place feedback

They have completed their end of the agreement.

A lot of people seem to need a reminder(30 day) to place feedback.
(25-08-2022, 05:05 AM)Foal30 Wrote: When a buyer pays for their item I place feedback

They have completed their end of the agreement.

A lot of people seem to need a reminder(30 day) to place feedback.

Me too. And when I'm buying, receiving feedback tells me that the item is on its way.

Some sellers seem to think they should wait until the buyer has placed their feedback to indicate that they're happy. I disagree. As you say, when the buyer pays they have completed their part of the transaction. It can of course be changed if anything goes wrong later.