Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
all these old Macs and web sites not displaying got me thinking
It occurs to me how there is a significant difference in behaviours of Mac and PC users/systems.  

Highlighted by the security certificate issues hitting older macs now with some websites not displaying correctly... 

The difference is that a Mac user will quite happily continue to use a system from 2013, stuck on 10.9  "Mavericks" because for whatever reason it wasn't or didn't update... Today they are not offered updates...  and Apple don't seem to to put up any warning notices about end of support...

Not trying to create a mac vs pc debate, just wondering why it is is seemingly acceptable for a Mac user to keep using old OS versions - because they don't know any different? Are they really still that secure?

No one would be seen dead using XP or Vista (possibly even 7) today, especially online...  except for one or two special cases maybe
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Ive got a customer using a 2006 iMac which is one of the early intel ones, its still working but they were complaining about security certificate errors and that the date and time was wrong (which it wasnt) I told them its time to replace.
(08-12-2021, 04:37 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Ive got a customer using a 2006 iMac which is one of the early intel ones, its still working but they were complaining about security certificate errors and that the date and time was wrong (which it wasnt) I told them its time to replace.
lol, worst i've seen recently is one on 10.6.8 from 2011 
one of the old lets encrypt root certificates expired end of November I believe.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I'm trying to use an Win Me machine online, but the system is outrageously unstable and seems to render itself unusable after a short amount of time. Not sure if it is the ancient 40gb hard drive causing errors or what. Have to keep reinstalling all the time.

Also no way to get a usable browser on Win Me really.