Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows XP Vs Windows 10
This short read was quite interesting:

https://www.companionlink.com/blog/2020/...indows-10/

Please discuss.
someone's just having a rant
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The person probably prefers the simplicity and user control that Windows XP affords.
(09-12-2021, 05:24 PM)TygerTung Wrote: The person probably prefers the simplicity and user control that Windows XP affords.
It's called Confirmation Bias...

Windows XP, from when we lived in simpler times.
(09-12-2021, 08:40 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Windows XP, from when we lived in simpler times.

the days of living in tellytubby land...
I always changed the theme to Windows Classic for the old skool W9x look. I must admit though that it was a much simpler system, with system controls all in one spot and easy to find.
"For windows 10, there are more than 200 processes and they commonly use 30-50% of your CPU and disk IO"

Nah.......I'd have 100 processes in the list for sure but current CPU usage is bouncing from 1% to about 6% with Win 10. It's not bad at all......
(11-12-2021, 03:11 PM)Me+Me Wrote: "For windows 10, there are more than 200 processes and they commonly use 30-50% of your CPU and disk IO"

Nah.......I'd have 100 processes in the list for sure but current CPU usage is bouncing from 1% to about 6% with Win 10.  It's not bad at all......

It must depend on how fast one's machine is. My wife's laptop seems to get hammered pretty hard by Windows 10. It isn't a high end machine though so maybe it isn't the best for Windows 10.
later versions of windows 10 also removed service host grouping as well, so now there is generally one svchost for each service. There will be more processes running but the overall load shouldn't change much. At idle cpu usage is less than 5%

(11-12-2021, 04:42 PM)TygerTung Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 03:11 PM)Me+Me Wrote: "For windows 10, there are more than 200 processes and they commonly use 30-50% of your CPU and disk IO"

Nah.......I'd have 100 processes in the list for sure but current CPU usage is bouncing from 1% to about 6% with Win 10.  It's not bad at all......

It must depend on how fast one's machine is. My wife's laptop seems to get hammered pretty hard by Windows 10. It isn't a high end machine though so maybe it isn't the best for Windows 10.

Nothing too flash

8GB ram
i5 6200
SSd.........