Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Sky dish
Can we run both Freeview and Sky off this dish at the same time?  

Otherwise what's the best option. It's got to be very easy to use the Freeview and NO change to the existing Sky system. 

The Mrs has the Sky now and doesn't want anything to change. 

Her mum is coming to stay, (OMFG),  and we'll need to set up Freeview for her. Just like she's used to. No changes.
Sure, they should be running off of the same satellite. You will need a splitter to split the signal between the boxes and hope that the impedance doesn't get all stuffed up.

But you should be able to get freeview on UHF so won't need a satellite?
freeview on UHF is a much better quality

but you can do both off satellite this way
Link
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Wasn't sure about the UHF for Freeview.....

Thinking Sky multiroom .....
oh, is this is a long term coming to stay?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The possibility is there but I sincerely hope not !  But she's very old and in bad shape and the Mrs wants to try to get her in better shape.  Anyway I don't think it's possible lmfao........

I was just trying to avoid extra dishes/Ariels or using the internet. Simply wanted something the old duck would find familiar or easy to use. Thus either Freeview as she knows it or perhaps Sky Multiroom which should be manageable for her.
Do people actually watch normal TV? I only watch the news on normal TV and I am subscribed to a few streaming channels and that does me for my viewing  Big Grin
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(11-12-2021, 05:59 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Do people actually watch normal TV? I only watch the news on normal TV and I am subscribed to a few streaming channels and that does me for my viewing  Big Grin
If it was my choice I'd cut Sky off and the Mrs could use the internet for her content.  However she likes the remote as it's 'easy' and 'simple' to use, (she's perfectly intelligent but just likes what she already has), Can't be bothered finding content online.  
Me - I hardly bother at all and in fact when she's not there the TV rarely even gets turned on.
The MIL is a TV ADDICT big time.  It's all she does all day every day- wake up watch tv - sleep - eat - sleep - wake up watch tv all day and all night too..........not my kinda fun life lol.