Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Using the "Quote" feature
Question 
It seems like a few people are having issues getting the hang of the "quote" feature. Fair enough! It's a bit more complex than the system Trademe use on their boards. 

Here's a quick rundown:

1) Quote a single post
Simply click the "reply" button below the post you want to quote and reply to.

Example image: https://i.imgur.com/LsjyKK1.png

This will open the "new thread" window with the selected post quoted. Start typing your message underneath the quote box (not inside it, as this will make your reply part of the quote).

2) Quote multiple posts

PLEASE NOTE: This feature allows selecting multiple posts to quote in your reply.  It is intended for the following scenarios only...
  1. Two or more users post much the same content that you wish to reply to.
  2. Two or more users post complementary information about the same topic
  3. A single reply is required to two or more posts

It is not intended to reply to Five different posts with five different replies.  This just creates unnecessary clutter in the thread and makes it difficult for the other participants to reply to you specific comments.  Use the individual reply feature instead

Click the "quote" button under each post you want to quote, then click the "reply" button under the last post.

---

Hopefully that makes sense! Any questions, feel free to ask below Smile
Also I will add that I've now reduced the nested quote maximum limit to 2 from 5, this should reduce clutter on pages.
(22-02-2020, 05:42 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Also I will add that I've now reduced the nested quote maximum limit to 2 from 5, this should reduce clutter on pages.

I just clicked reply (Not the New Reply button) and your quote came up without clicking on Quote Smile
Crab2
(22-02-2020, 06:33 PM)crab2 Wrote:
(22-02-2020, 05:42 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Also I will add that I've now reduced the nested quote maximum limit to 2 from 5, this should reduce clutter on pages.

I just clicked reply (Not the New Reply button) and your quote came up without clicking on Quote Smile
Interesting, im not sure what I did that changed that lol
(22-02-2020, 08:16 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(22-02-2020, 06:33 PM)crab2 Wrote: I just clicked reply (Not the New Reply button) and your quote came up without clicking on Quote Smile
Interesting, im not sure what I did that changed that lol

Just don't touch it lol
Crab2
(22-02-2020, 06:33 PM)crab2 Wrote:

Me too on another thread.
Just a quick note here to remind folks about the use of the 'Quote' feature / button when posting...

@videomonkey has done a nice tip in the opening post - I have expanded on it just a little to clarify when it should and when it shouldn't be used...

Essentially the 'Quote' button should only be used to include multiple quotes that you wish to reply to with one reply only - anything else you should probably just use the reply button individually. Otherwise five different people will reply to one large post with largely irrelevant quoted posts in it.

So please have a quick look at the opening post of this thread to familiarise yourself with it - just a small change...  It has been added to the rules HERE as Rule: 1C . 

I think you will all find it beneficial and easier to reply to these posts and the readability of the threads - I know I have been guilty of it...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup