Poll: Should Trade Me monitor blacklists?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
100.00%
4 100.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reasons for blacklisting
I've been discussing this on the Trade Me messageboard (which is dead as a Dodo) with a member who is upset to find she has been blacklisted by a seller who previously gave her positive feedback.  She doesn't know why she's been blacklisted and can't find the contact details to ask the seller. Plus she really wants to buy one of the seller's items.

The potential buyer believes that Trade Me should police blacklists so that members cannot add others to their blacklists without a good reason. She says the current system permits blacklists to be used for spiteful and prejudiced reasons.  

Comments?
It sounds as if your friend has an unhealthy emotional investment in TM. Just move on, there are billions of other consumer items available if that's what makes her happy.
trademe are a facilitator between buyer and seller only, it's not for them to choose who a seller will or won't sell to... Simple solution though is for the person involved to just get someone else to buy on her behalf
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(14-12-2021, 06:34 PM)Olive Wrote: It sounds as if your friend has an unhealthy emotional investment in TM.  Just move on, there are billions of other consumer items available if that's what makes her happy.
No friend of mine.  Confused
(14-12-2021, 06:30 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: I've been discussing this on the Trade Me messageboard (which is dead as a Dodo) with a member who is upset to find she has been blacklisted by a seller who previously gave her positive feedback.  She doesn't know why she's been blacklisted and can't find the contact details to ask the seller. Plus she really wants to buy one of the seller's items.

The potential buyer believes that Trade Me should police blacklists so that members cannot add others to their blacklists without a good reason. She says the current system permits blacklists to be used for spiteful and prejudiced reasons.  

Comments?

You really want TM to police this? I think that they have done enough damage to the place, without giving them this to manage as well.

We all have the right to blacklist someone, and often for no obvious reason, except for the fact that they can.
I have a handful of people on my blacklist, but they are there because they have been rude/nasty, and for no other reason.

Sadly, this person will just have to suck it up, and move on from it. Plenty more fish in the sea.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(14-12-2021, 06:43 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(14-12-2021, 06:30 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: I've been discussing this on the Trade Me messageboard (which is dead as a Dodo) with a member who is upset to find she has been blacklisted by a seller who previously gave her positive feedback.  She doesn't know why she's been blacklisted and can't find the contact details to ask the seller. Plus she really wants to buy one of the seller's items.

Comments?

You really want TM to police this? I think that they have done enough damage to the place, without giving them this to manage as well.

We all have the right to blacklist someone, and often for no obvious reason, except for the fact that they can.
I have a handful of people on my blacklist, but they are there because they have been rude/nasty, and for no other reason.

Sadly, this person will just have to suck it up, and move on from it. Plenty more fish in the sea.
No, of course I don't.  What made you think I was in favour?  I have been trying to make the other person see reason. I thought this was an interesting topic and an insight into a buyer's perspective.