Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hone Harawira is upset
Former Māori Party MP Hone Harawira is upset at the police, claiming they vetted members of his iwi-led checkpoint group Tai Tokerau Border Control ahead of the Northland boundary coming into effect.

"Our people, over the last 18-20 months, have included bus drivers, gang members, doctors, lawyers, mothers, teachers - all sorts of people. Now, all of a sudden at the last minute, it got dropped on us that everyone had to be vetted."

Absolutely vett them, who knows who will be remembering your name, if your at the border you sure as hell aint at home, so easy to find where you live.
And as stated the last 10-20 months have included gang members, so let him be upset we want our homes safe while we are away.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
You need to get off the anti Maori thing oldfellah. It's boring.
(15-12-2021, 09:56 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You need to get off the anti Maori thing oldfellah. It's boring.

You have it wrong, im only more or less quoting what it says on the news sites , the as you say the Anti Maori is not me at all, im trying to make people discuss things not have a go at each other.
hone's a maori?
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(15-12-2021, 10:06 AM)Magoo Wrote: hone's a maori?
I thought he was a former MP?
and an mp too you say?
well i never...i never took him to be a military man
(15-12-2021, 10:08 AM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(15-12-2021, 10:06 AM)Magoo Wrote: hone's a maori?
I thought he was a former MP?
You're both right. Google is your friend.
(15-12-2021, 10:14 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(15-12-2021, 10:08 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: I thought he was a former MP?
Geee the things you can learn from the interweb
(15-12-2021, 10:14 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(15-12-2021, 10:08 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: I thought he was a former MP?
yeah, i dont really do research.
not my thing.
(15-12-2021, 10:16 AM)Magoo Wrote:
(15-12-2021, 10:14 AM)harm_less Wrote: You're both right. Google is your friend.
yeah, i dont really do research.
not my thing.
Ain't that an accurate appraisal of online content these days Wink
He's another attention seeking media diva. I ignore him on sight, along with quite a few others.
(15-12-2021, 10:24 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(15-12-2021, 10:16 AM)Magoo Wrote: yeah, i dont really do research.
not my thing.
Ain't that an accurate appraisal of online content these days Wink
i know what i know and make the rest up
i cannot speak to oldfellahs intentions. but it is a current event that we would be remiss were it not up for discussion
I'm not a fan of Hone Harawira, I think he's too hotheaded but he does have a point about the timing. Anyone doing border control now should be vetted for obvious reasons, but to suddenly stipulate that a couple of days ago will have made it more difficult than it needed to be, to organise people able to do border checks.

A bit of planning & commonsense could have avoided this situation.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(15-12-2021, 09:52 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Former Māori Party MP Hone Harawira is upset at the police, claiming they vetted members of his iwi-led checkpoint group Tai Tokerau Border Control ahead of the Northland boundary coming into effect.

"Our people, over the last 18-20 months, have included bus drivers, gang members, doctors, lawyers, mothers, teachers - all sorts of people. Now, all of a sudden at the last minute, it got dropped on us that everyone had to be vetted."

Absolutely vett them, who knows who will be remembering your name, if your at the border you sure as hell aint at home, so easy to find where you live.
And as stated the last 10-20 months have included gang members, so let him be upset we want our homes safe while we are away.
Oh_hunnihunniYou need to get off the anti Maori thing oldfellah. It's boring.

Actually I don't see Oldfellah as making any kind of 'anti maori' statement there at all.  It's plain common sense.
Well, if that is so, then why mention ethnicity at all?

Before we are of any race, we are human beings. Good, bad, and ugly. It would be a step forward if we put that reality first.

In fact, there is a modern philosopher somewhere who I heard suggest that if we could just avoid using negatively toned descriptive words for human beings we could substantially reduce conflict at all levels in all communities. It is an interesting thought. We could give it a try, starting with ethnic labels.
(16-12-2021, 10:29 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well, if that is so, then why mention ethnicity at all?

Before we are of any race, we are human beings. Good, bad, and ugly. It would be a step forward if we put that reality first.

In fact, there is a modern philosopher somewhere who I heard suggest that if we could just avoid using negatively toned descriptive words for human beings we could substantially reduce conflict at all levels in all communities. It is an interesting thought. We could give it a try, starting with ethnic labels.
"Former Māori Party MP Hone Harawira"

That's a racist statement?
(16-12-2021, 10:29 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well, if that is so, then why mention ethnicity at all?

we could start by removing negative rep here?  Cool
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Noooooooo!

I like seeing who thinks I am an ass.
(15-12-2021, 09:52 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Former Māori Party MP Hone Harawira is upset at the police, claiming they vetted members of his iwi-led checkpoint group Tai Tokerau Border Control ahead of the Northland boundary coming into effect.

Good on the police for doing their job!
Dont know whats wrong with Hone, this is pure racism and division - nothing more.

These racist iwi checkpoints need to go.
I know many Maori themselves who disagree about how iwi are behaving in this regard too!

Sign the petition here:
https://www.stopiwicheckpoints.nz/