Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could you live without the internet for one week?
(17-12-2021, 02:27 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The only library book I have ever paid for is one I lost. Mysteriously, I found it some decades later. I think I still have it somewhere. Like you, the public library is a place I rely on to make my life a better experience, and not just because of the books.

As for copyright issues, I'd've thought free advertising of titles was a blessing. I know I cannot resist checking out the books in any kind of illustration, to see if they are old friends or new. I have a habit of reserving books I have seen in pictures that I might enjoy, and am rarely disappointed. Books are such rewarding objects in so many ways.
I got first very unlucky & then very lucky, with a library book a while back.
Reaching for my coffee while reading it, I bumped the coffee which went all over the poor book & despite drying it out it was obviously too messy for the library so took it back & told them what happened. I paid for it & they let me keep the damaged one, -  still readable, which was nice of them.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could you live without the internet for one week? - by Lilith7 - 17-12-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Could you live without the internet for one week? - by jackford - 20-01-2022, 05:56 PM