Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandate protesters
Vaccine mandate protesters have again gathered in Wellington to march to Parliament - even though most MPs have gone home for the holidays.

A large number of protesters from the Freedom and Rights Coalition gathered in Wellington's Civic Square this morning and started a march to Parliament just after 11am.

They are protesting against the traffic light system, vaccine mandates and the Government's plan to vaccinate under-12s from next year.

They have the right to protest but I cant get my head around the fact they are doing it every week, dont they realise that people will be getting pissed off with them the more they carry on, yes they have made their point now get over it. And the stupidity of marching on parliament when there maybe only a few politicians there and probably not the ones they want to try and get their message to.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
You expect intelligence from this mob? All they want is to cause ructions...
water cannon. rubber bullets, sackshot, tear gas.
wade into the bastards like we did back in '81
motorcycle helmets and tinfoil hats offer little protection from a well aimed baton.
exert he full force of the law on the seditious turncoat quisling cuckolds
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
I honestly can't work out what they are hoping to achieve by creating an offensive nuisance like that. I just saw a photo of today's protest, with visible petrol fumes polluting the air from the motorbikes, and a child with his fingers in his ears protecting himself from the noise.
nothing like a good super spreader event to cull away some morons.
perhaps they should meet monthly?

from a stuff reporter

From Luke Malpass
'It has just started to rain here at Parliament as the crowd of protesters have gathered. At an unscientific guess it looks like there are perhaps two-thirds of the numbers there were at the last protest a few weeks ago.'

two thirds you say?
lost a third that quickly huh.
damn, covids quick.
(16-12-2021, 12:04 PM)Magoo Wrote: water cannon. rubber bullets, sackshot, tear gas.
motorcycle helmets and tinfoil hats offer little protection from a well aimed baton.
Hoy!

I was against in those days, ya red squad nutter!!! Tongue Big Grin
and the good citizens of south africa thank you sincerely for your input back then and since,
allowing them to become the progressive vibrant and prosperous country they all enjoy today.

More than 526,000 South Africans were murdered from 1994–2019.
It seems the McBishop & co are behind the 'Freedom & rights coalition, & denying that they make any profit from the sale of 'merchandise'.
I expect we all believe that, too. Or something...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-n...erchandise
"Destiny Church admits it’s at the centre of the anti-lockdown group organising protests in Auckland and other parts of the country, but denies it's making money from selling the group's merchandise.

The website for The Freedoms and Rights Coalition (TFRC) doesn’t offer much information about those behind the organisation, often referring to the coalition as “the people’s movement.”

But Stuff can reveal the owner of the TRFC's web domain is Jenny Marshall - Destiny Church’s director of operations and Brian Tamaki’s assistant."

To protest outside the Beehive, having been loudly proclaiming their intention to 'storm parliament' (Oooh, how very American of them!) but manage to turn up the day AFTER all the politicians have beetled off for the year, says everything about this lot.

(16-12-2021, 05:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(16-12-2021, 12:04 PM)Magoo Wrote: water cannon. rubber bullets, sackshot, tear gas.
Hoy!

Me too. Many of us were then, & rightly so imo.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(17-12-2021, 12:59 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: It seems the McBishop & co are behind the 'Freedom & rights coalition, & denying that they make any profit from the sale of 'merchandise'.

"Destiny Church admits it’s at the centre of the anti-lockdown group organising protests in Auckland and other parts of the country, but denies it's making money from selling the group's merchandise.

The website for The Freedoms and Rights Coalition (TFRC) doesn’t offer much information about those behind the organisation, often referring to the coalition as “the people’s movement.”

But Stuff can reveal the owner of the TRFC's web domain is Jenny Marshall - Destiny Church’s director of operations and Brian Tamaki’s assistant."

To protest outside the Beehive, having been loudly proclaiming their intention to 'storm parliament' (Oooh, how very American of them!) but manage to turn up the day AFTER all the politicians have beetled off for the year, says everything about this lot.

(16-12-2021, 05:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Hoy!

And we won. Big Grin
(17-12-2021, 01:13 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(17-12-2021, 12:59 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: It seems the McBishop & co are behind the 'Freedom & rights coalition, & denying that they make any profit from the sale of 'merchandise'.

And we won. Big Grin
We certainly did - & efforts here heartened S. A. protesters back then too according to some of them. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Apparently Destiny church's charities are to be investigated. There have been 28 complaints since September & four of their charities are to be investigated.

Well - that's brightened the day up considerably. Smile

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1273164...t-watchdog
Some good news...
There is only one charity that Tamaki wants the money to go to and thats the charity of his bank account.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(17-12-2021, 06:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Apparently Destiny church's charities are to be investigated. There have been 28 complaints since September & four of their charities are to be investigated.

Well - that's brightened the day up considerably. Smile

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1273164...t-watchdog
Excellent news!   Thank you.   I've stopped looking at Stuff because of the John Bishop nonsense, but they do provide a little bit more news than NZ Herald.
That article about Northland was petulant and silly. Beneath him imo...
Those 'voices for freedom' nutters have been busy - in my letterbox today was an official looking form on slick, smooth & good quality paper with the words 'Vaccinate Aotearoa" at the top.

Underneath 'Avoid disappointment; book your next 120 boosters in bulk. Covid 19 vaccinations have been shown to be most effective within a 13 day window. In order to protect yourself, your whanau, & your community, twice monthly boosters are now required.
Demand for boosters is likely to be high in order to maintain vaccine passports validity & access to haircuts, employment, education, services, fun & life in general, so reserve your future 'coercion-free' vaccine's now!
Below that is a n official looking form with spaces for name address, ph no. etc etc & spaces for dates to get vaccinated with stipulated 'must be by' dates.

Under that in tiny letttering it says to submit completed form to www.HumanPinCushion.co.nz, & beneath that in even smaller font it says that the vaccine hasn't been shown to prevent people passing on or catching the SARS-Cov-2 virus then a bit about adverse reactions & how you might need a crash cart standing by for boosters.
At he very bottom in bold it says Note: this is NOT an official document. It is designed to make you think. Did it make you consider what lies ahead? if yes, get informed at Voices for freedom.co.nz.
On the back in small letters very pale grey on white background, making it difficulty to read for anyone with sight problems it says multiple times satire satire."
Lyflong boosters - 2021v1.0

You can say one thing for covid - it certainly brings nutters out into the open. Dammit.
(18-12-2021, 03:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Those 'voices for freedom' nutters have been busy - in my letterbox today was an official looking form  on slick, smooth & good quality paper with the words 'Vaccinate Aotearoa" at the top.

Underneath 'Avoid disappointment; book your next 120 boosters in bulk. Covid 19 vaccinations have been shown to be most effective within a 13 day window. In order to protect yourself, your whanau, & your community, twice monthly boosters are now required.
Demand for boosters  is likely to be high in order to maintain vaccine passports validity & access to haircuts, employment, education, services, fun & life in general, so reserve your future 'coercion-free' vaccine's now!
Below that is a n official looking form with spaces for name address, ph no. etc etc & spaces for dates to get vaccinated with stipulated 'must be by' dates.

Under that in tiny letttering it says to submit completed form to www.HumanPinCushion.co.nz, & beneath that in even smaller font it says that the vaccine hasn't been shown to prevent people passing on or catching the SARS-Cov-2 virus then a bit about adverse reactions & how you might need a crash cart standing by for boosters.
At he very bottom in bold it says Note: this is NOT an official document. It is designed to make you think. Did it make you consider what lies ahead? if yes, get informed at Voices for freedom.co.nz.
On the back in small letters very pale grey on white background, making it difficulty to read for anyone with sight problems it says multiple times  satire satire."

You can say one thing for covid - it certainly brings nutters out into the open. Dammit.

Nutters in what way?  Yes they are exaggerating, but you can see the point they are trying to make? At this stage we don't know where this will all end and who is to say we may not require 6 monthly boosters in the future in order to keep our vaccine passports. Why is thinking about this possibility a bad thing?
A pamphlet designed to confuse and misdirect is 'to make you think'?

Pity they didn't think it through first. More spammy junk mail. The planet really needs more of that.
(18-12-2021, 06:08 PM)egem Wrote:
(18-12-2021, 03:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Those 'voices for freedom' nutters have been busy - in my letterbox today was an official looking form  on slick, smooth & good quality paper with the words 'Vaccinate Aotearoa" at the top.

Demand for boosters  is likely to be high in order to maintain vaccine passports validity & access to haircuts, employment, education, services, fun & life in general, so reserve your future 'coercion-free' vaccine's now!

On the back in small letters very pale grey on white background, making it difficulty to read for anyone with sight problems it says multiple times  satire satire."

Nutters in what way?  Yes they are exaggerating, but you can see the point they are trying to make? At this stage we don't know where this will all end and who is to say we may not require 6 monthly boosters in the future in order to keep our vaccine passports. Why is thinking about this possibility a bad thing?
They're deliberately creating stress to people who are already stressed & trying to cope as best they can with the pandemic. That is somewhat irresponsible, since as you say no one can be sure at this point exactly what the future holds. The other point is that much of their pamphlet is small type, & will therefore be difficult for some to read which makes it easy for them to get an entirely false impression.

By implying that people are going to need up to 120 boosters, they'll create anxiety at a time when we all need to remain as calm & reasonable as possible. Their human pincushion address leads to their site; this is what it says:

"[b]You've come to the right place![/b]
Welcome to your new tribe. There are over a million Kiwis who have not received the COVID-19 shots and plenty of others who have but are not keen on signing up to be human pin-cushions for the rest of their lives.
The Voices for Freedom team would like to encourage you to have a look around our site. "

Really? "Welcome to your new tribe?" Nothing like creating divisiveness in the middle of a pandemic, eh.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-c...YLIYQDSSE/

"The Ministry of Health has issued a warning over a flyer being circulated by an anti-vaccine group, telling Kiwis to only go to trusted sources for information on Covid and vaccines.

The pamphlet, which was circulated by the Voices for Freedom group, is designed to look like an official form and tells New Zealanders that they need to have booster shots twice-monthly to retain their vaccine passes.

It directs people to a website that describes a future where the vaccinated are required to be "human pin cushions" and receive multiple booster doses.
In reality, boosters were only recently rolled out to those who had their second dose of the vaccine more than six months ago and no further plans for ongoing boosters have been announced.

"We all have a responsibility to stop misinformation spreading, and we encourage people to only go to trusted sources to get reliable information."

"Our approach focuses on providing readily available reliable information while building and strengthening resilience to false information. "

(18-12-2021, 06:25 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: A pamphlet designed to confuse and misdirect is 'to make you think'?

Pity they didn't think it through first. More spammy junk mail. The planet really needs more of that.
Its interesting that the paper quality of the pamphlet is so high; they're clearly being well funded.
I didn't feel stressed or confused reading it. And I would hope people realise the pamphlet is exaggerating for effect and no one is actually going to need 120 boosters. Fairly easy to check that claim though if people are confused or concerned.

Regarding this bit from the MOH "no further plans for ongoing boosters have been announced", we have seen just in the last few months how things have changed and we know that similar statements made regarding mandated vaccinations and the introduction of passports have also changed. So I can forgive people viewing such statements now with a bit of skepticism.

As for creating divisiveness, unfortunately that is already here. You only need to look at some of the comments on this and other message boards to see it.