Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thanks Nzoomed
Thanks Nzoomed for putting this together. Much appreciated, and you’ve done a fantastic job in so little time. Glad we didn’t all end up stuck on that other board. 

Onward and upward! Cheers.
(22-02-2020, 06:57 PM)Flancrest Wrote: Thanks Nzoomed for putting this together. Much appreciated, and you’ve done a fantastic job in so little time. Glad we didn’t all end up stuck on that other board. 

Agree with what you've said re this site, but there really isn't any need to have a dig at the other board. There's nothing wrong with it. People have a choice, you don't need to be 'stuck' anywhere. Some will prefer it here, others may like it there. Some may enjoy both. Healthy competition is a good thing.  Wink
Always blow on the pie. 
(22-02-2020, 07:15 PM)captain fantastic Wrote:
(22-02-2020, 06:57 PM)Flancrest Wrote: Thanks Nzoomed for putting this together. Much appreciated, and you’ve done a fantastic job in so little time. Glad we didn’t all end up stuck on that other board. 

Agree with what you've said re this site, but there really isn't any need to have a dig at the other board. There's nothing wrong with it. People have a choice, you don't need to be 'stuck' anywhere. Some will prefer it here, others may like it there. Some may enjoy both. Healthy competition is a good thing.  Wink
Really? Because I thought my stating I was glad not to be stuck there was mild compared to your post of 2 days ago, stating you had developed a few concerns about that site, and that they had members of questionable morals... but ok...
(22-02-2020, 07:34 PM)Flancrest Wrote:
(22-02-2020, 07:15 PM)captain fantastic Wrote: Agree with what you've said re this site, but there really isn't any need to have a dig at the other board. There's nothing wrong with it. People have a choice, you don't need to be 'stuck' anywhere. Some will prefer it here, others may like it there. Some may enjoy both. Healthy competition is a good thing.  Wink
Really? Because I thought my stating I was glad not to be stuck there was mild compared to your post of 2 days ago, stating you had developed a few concerns about that site, and that they had members of questionable morals... but ok...
Yes but the admin has been working feverishly to stifle those few who were seeking to derail the site with their vitriolic nonsense, so hopefully it'll be an improvement in what was starting to happen. I only hope the same ones who are booted out of there don't try the same stunt in here. I guess at the end of the day, any forum is only as enjoyable as the members make it. Peace.
Always blow on the pie. 
Thumbs Up 
Looking forward to the dust settling. This us vs them stuff is getting tiresome. 
Keep up the good work nzoomed.
(23-02-2020, 07:46 AM)Seadubya Wrote: Looking forward to the dust settling. This us vs them stuff is getting tiresome. 
Keep up the good work nzoomed.

100% ........
"nous tournons vers l'Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation"

Rangers vs Celtic, haggis, deep fried mars bars.
Thanks everyone for your support.
I must say this has grown alot faster than I expected, so have been working hard behind the scenes to make improvements and begin the process of migrating to a new server.

Will keep you updated, but if ive been quiet, this is why!
(23-02-2020, 08:45 AM)Praktica Wrote: "nous tournons vers l'Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation"

Rangers vs Celtic, haggis, deep fried mars bars.

well yes - but to be fair we've invented some less exciting stuff in the name of civilization as well ...

Smile Smile Smile
(22-02-2020, 09:04 PM)captain fantastic Wrote:
(22-02-2020, 07:34 PM)Flancrest Wrote: Really? Because I thought my stating I was glad not to be stuck there was mild compared to your post of 2 days ago, stating you had developed a few concerns about that site, and that they had members of questionable morals... but ok...
Yes but the admin has been working feverishly to stifle those few who were seeking to derail the site with their vitriolic nonsense, so hopefully it'll be an improvement in what was starting to happen. I only hope the same ones who are booted out of there don't try the same stunt in here. I guess at the end of the day, any forum is only as enjoyable as the members make it. Peace.
Alternatives are a good thing for everyone, and it isn't possible to know what is the best fit until we wear it and see. Obviously quite a few of us have had different experiences than others so it pays not to make assumptions. In the end though, variety is better than none. Pax tibi est.
Yes keep up the good work super moderator.
I’m sure either ‘new’ MB will be better than the ‘dictatorship based on secret winks and handshakes’ that was the Trade Me grind board. I just wish Amazon or EBay would take this part of the world seriously and knock them out for good.
So bad what is here, all the threads are dumped??
(02-06-2020, 07:34 AM)Golfy Wrote: So bad what is here, all the threads are dumped??
Did you read the  forum announcement "Sorry for the outage today!"?
Yes I'm sorry about it.
Ironically what I was trying to do was work on my backup site to protect this in case it screwed things up, which inadvertently didnt work in my favor since I had both sites open in different tabs. I was sure I was in the right cpanel and I wiped everything off the server thinking I was in my sandbox copy.

Never mind, gives us a clean slate and alot of spam accounts likely got removed as a result.

5/10 for this post. You started off well. But then went a bit mental. You do know that there are more than two forums in this world.  Sly underhand jabs below the belt are very unkind and not in keeping with our modern world.
That was a typo, it was supposed to be “bar what is here” not So bad