Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you like doing housework?
If you are in a relationship, do you share the chores?

I wouldn't say I like it, but the after affects gives me a buzz and a sense of pride.

I don't iron anymore. I used to iron everything...tea towels, and even my bath towels, as it made them lovely and soft, and I could fold them much neater.

When all my girls were young, I used to iron all their wee dresses, and I loved doing it. The ironing board was always ready for the next big pile. I was very domesticated back then.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(19-12-2021, 12:03 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: If you are in a relationship, do you share the chores?

I wouldn't say I like it, but the after affects gives me a buzz and a sense of pride.

I don't iron anymore. I used to iron everything...tea towels, and even my bath towels, as it made them lovely and soft, and I could fold them much neater.

When all my girls were young, I used to iron all their wee dresses, and I loved doing it. The ironing board was always ready for the next big pile. I was very domesticated back then.
Are you mad???! Huh Huh Big Grin Rolleyes Rolleyes

NO, I detest doing housework; gave up ironing decades ago, & am not entirely sure where the iron is - it was last used to do a bit of wax/charcoal drawing.

I force myself to do the basics at least once a week but I hate every minute of it - dreadful idea, housework. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-12-2021, 01:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 12:03 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: If you are in a relationship, do you share the chores?

Are you mad???! Huh Huh Big Grin Rolleyes Rolleyes

NO, I detest doing housework; gave up ironing decades ago, & am not entirely sure where the iron is - it was last used to do a bit of wax/charcoal drawing.

I force myself to do the basics at least once a week but I hate every minute of it - dreadful idea, housework. Big Grin
Yep, I'm still crazy after all these years.Huh Big Grin Rolleyes

I dry all of my clothes on their coathangers in the HW cupboard. I don't iron a thing. I don't use my lovely hankies anymore, coz I would have to iron them. That was my favourite job to do for Mumz when I was a kid.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(19-12-2021, 01:40 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(19-12-2021, 01:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Are you mad???! Huh Huh Big Grin Rolleyes Rolleyes

Yep, I'm still crazy after all these years.Huh Big Grin Rolleyes

I dry all of my clothes on their coathangers in the HW cupboard. I don't iron a thing. I don't use my lovely hankies anymore, coz I would have to iron them. That was my favourite job to do for Mumz when I was a kid.
Yep, I used to like doing that too.

Its a trap! That's how they get us to think that housework is enjoyable.  Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I only do what is necessary. Which is why I still have the last lot of winter clothing in the ironing pile!
I do have to do more cleaning since looking after granddaughter as I would hate her to catch something nasty from us when she comes to our place!
I used to clean floors every day when I first came to NZ, until my husband's aunty said, "You don't really do that, do you? Do it when it's necessary only" - so now I do Smile
I like looking after my deck. It's really small, and the rain washes the floor.
(19-12-2021, 05:34 PM)Outsider Wrote: I only do what is necessary. Which is why I still have the last lot of winter clothing in the ironing pile!
I do have to do more cleaning since looking after granddaughter as I would hate her to catch something nasty from us when she comes to our place!
I used to clean floors every day when I first came to NZ, until my husband's aunty said, "You don't really do that, do you? Do it when it's necessary only" - so now I do Smile
Your husband's Auntie is a wise woman. Big Grin

My (ex) husband's Auntie once gave me a similar piece of advice: 'Don't let yourself become neurotic over housework' - she was also a wise woman, & lovely with it too. Wink
I loathe most aspects of housework; I wasn't brought up being made to do it and consequently have no skills or even the ability to organise the necessary tools and products. I do carry out what is necessary (on a joint basis) but only because since we left Auckland it has been impossible to find a reliable cleaner.

I don't mind ironing - pillow cases, tea towels, tablecloths all get ironed while I listen to music - but that's the limit if my willingness.
Self cleaning houses! WHY hasn't any clever clogs person invented self cleaning houses - they can send people to the moon, give us instant communication with almost anywhere in the world, so why fgs hasn't some clever bugger invented a self cleaning house??!
Imagine how much the person to invent one would be admired, even loved & probably given a knighthood as well, if not a sainthood.Smile
Housework is exceedingly horrible.
(20-12-2021, 02:47 PM)TygerTung Wrote: Housework is exceedingly horrible.
Yes it is. I did once try to emulate Quentin Crisp who claimed that if you never dust, it simply doesn't get any worse once you pass about four years but I had to admit defeat & give up. Rolleyes Big Grin
I used to be very fussy doing my housework when the kids were small including cleaning the windows and oven every week without fail but then I wasn't working as much as I am now, these days because I work every 2nd weekend the housework only gets the basics done fortnightly, windows and oven have to wait until I am in the mood to do them lol
Crab2
I use cleaning as a stress release.

Only problem is, I am rarely stressed these days.
I just moved a pile of stuff from one place to another. Housework done for the day.Big Grin
I did the dishes. Ridiculous habit, but the blasted things piled up this week.

Making pikelets yesterday was the final straw for the teetering piles.
(21-12-2021, 11:28 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I did the dishes. Ridiculous habit, but the blasted things piled up this week.

Making pikelets yesterday was the final straw for the teetering piles.
Do you get an itchy bum with your piles??

I've never had them, but I know someone who has.
Okay. That does it. Now you're gonna get it.

Do you know what a fluffer does? :-p
(21-12-2021, 11:34 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Okay. That does it. Now you're gonna get it.

Do you know what a fluffer does?  :-p
Well...I don't, but I'm keen to find out?? Angel Big Grin
No. You do not need to know this stuff. Neither do I but a certain chortling helpful bastard on Opinions was delighted to educate me on the subject a long time ago.

I was very glad the thread didn't come with visuals.
Some of them went out of their way top be 'helpful'.