Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artist book stuff on instagram
Smile 
Thought you might like this link,  you two fellow artist book people...

https://www.instagram.com/lululaberlue.e/
I watched my flatmate get sucked into the journalling/doodling phase a couple of years ago, which came I think after the scrap booking craze. It was interesting as she probably wasn't a natural doodler, but she was OCD about journalling and bullet points and making a page look good. over the years I have hoarded stuff that could be used in the same way as Lulu, for sure!

I also heard someone in the office refer to her mood board last week - fascinating how we all do our record keeping in different ways. If I look back on my Pinterest board, despite the variety of images, I can still see a pattern of what I was internalising at the time. (Similar to my browsing history on Amazon!)

With the Christmas break looming, I am hoping that your recommendation of Shaun McNiff's work will bump me out of my rut and I will have time to follow through on any challenges his words will put in my heart.
What is special about her?
I've not seen her particularly, but I do follow alot of artists on IG. I have gotten so many ideas and inspirations from them. Same with youtube. Learnt so much from these amazing people, who share their beauty and talent with us all.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
Good point about Youtube - I watch woodturning, and the lesser known craft of bovine hoof trimming, it's mesmerising.