Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Wordle players
Interesting game with a new puzzle each day - https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Copy/paste to post your results here.

⬜⬜?⬜⬜
⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜??⬜?
?????

Wordle 184 5/6
it sounds too hard

brake

its like Mastermind with letters instead of colours
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(21-12-2021, 03:59 PM)harm_less Wrote: Interesting game with a new puzzle each day - https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

⬜⬜?⬜⬜
⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜??⬜?
?????

Wordle 184 5/6

(21-12-2021, 04:03 PM)Magoo Wrote: it sounds too hard

brake

Obviously not too hard for you to solve it, and then spoil the game for all others.

You could post the answers to the Stuff quiz too if you're of that mind.
hmmmmmm could be ok.
My last word was brave, so one more and I probably would have got it.

Not sure how to c&P results
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(21-12-2021, 04:22 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: hmmmmmm could be ok.

The Wordle site has a copy function for the results which pastes okay on Twitter but not TMMB. I've raised the matter with Admin. Watch this space.
(21-12-2021, 04:25 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 04:22 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: hmmmmmm could be ok.

The Wordle site has a copy function for the results which pastes okay on Twitter but not TMMB. I've raised the matter with Admin. Watch this space.
I'd play it. I like those sorts of puzzles.

It's basically like those games where you have to change one letter to change the word, and you get maybe 6 tries. But, this one is different, because you don't know what the first word is.

(21-12-2021, 04:19 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 03:59 PM)harm_less Wrote: Interesting game with a new puzzle each day - https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

⬜⬜?⬜⬜
⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜??⬜?
?????

Wordle 184 5/6

brake

Obviously not too hard for you to solve it, and then spoil the game for all others.

We're all going to get the right answer, from whoever c&p's their answer anyway, arn't we?
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
that was fun, maybe just post how many attempts it took to get the correct word

I scored a 5
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(21-12-2021, 04:31 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 04:25 PM)harm_less Wrote: The Wordle site has a copy function for the results which pastes okay on Twitter but not TMMB. I've raised the matter with Admin. Watch this space.
I'd play it. I like those sorts of puzzles.

It's basically like those games where you have to change one letter to change the word, and you get maybe 6 tries. But, this one is different, because you don't know what the first word is.

(21-12-2021, 04:19 PM)harm_less Wrote: Obviously not too hard for you to solve it, and then spoil the game for all others.

We're all going to get the right answer, from whoever c&p's their answer anyway, arn't we?
Copy/paste the coded result squares was what I meant not posting the actual answer Einstein.
(21-12-2021, 04:51 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 04:31 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I'd play it. I like those sorts of puzzles.

Copy/paste the coded result squares was what I meant not posting the actual answer Einstein.
You don't have to be rude.
(21-12-2021, 04:55 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 04:51 PM)harm_less Wrote: Copy/paste the coded result squares was what I meant not posting the actual answer Einstein.
You don't have to be rude.
This twitter thread portrays the way the player's successes can be displayed. Maybe having seen that already made the concept seem obvious.

Besides my comment pales into insignificance compared to magoo's usual level of literacy. I'm sure he'll survive it.
(21-12-2021, 04:19 PM)harm_less Wrote:

⬜⬜?⬜⬜
⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜??⬜?
?????

Wordle 184 5/6

brake

my bad. i thought we all got a different puzzle.
(21-12-2021, 05:03 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 04:19 PM)harm_less Wrote: Obviously not too hard for you to solve it, and then spoil the game for all others.

my bad. i thought we all got a different puzzle.
Apologies. I hadn't initially realised that TMMB's functionality prevented the colour coded results from displaying which should have made the concept more obvious.
(21-12-2021, 05:07 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 05:03 PM)Magoo Wrote: my bad. i thought we all got a different puzzle.
Apologies. I hadn't initially realised that TMMB's functionality prevented the colour coded results from displaying which should have made the concept more obvious.
de nada i messed about for a good 10 minutes before i read the instructions.
pesky instructions
Good puzzle. I got it on 3rd line, but only had the A and E on 2nd line so it was really by chance that I got it then.
heres a handy hint.
its much easier doing it the second time.
Woohoo! Got it in three (and figured out how to display the results):

X X X X X
X X X X X
X X X X X

Wordle 185 3/6
X X X X
X X X X X
X X X X X
X X X X
X X X X X

5 for me today...

Bit fiddly displaying it that way, but it works...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(22-12-2021, 08:24 AM)king1 Wrote: X X X X
X X X X X
X X X X X
X X X X
X X X X X

5 for me today...

Bit fiddly displaying it that way, but it works...
Hey, most of here are ex-Trade Me contributors so we're used to work-arounds Wink
Got it in 4.
Got in in 3. Don't know how to put in colours, so will do if like this:-
GBBBB
GGGBB
GGGGG