Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Postage going up (again)
Time to stock up on Kiwistamps - the little bits of paper that outperform the housing market.

Are we going to be looking at $1.70...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nz-post-an...YCWCHIW7E/

"This means that NZ Post will need to increase the price of sending letters by more than usual next year and in the few years following," a spokesperson said.
"An NZ Post spokesperson said the postal service will "begin transitioning to a commercially sustainable model" for mail delivery."

You have to love the way they make it obvious there'll be a price rise - without actually mentioning it in so many words! Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
would it not just be cheaper to use a courier bag? what's one of those worth nowdays
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
But is it safer? I had an NZ Post courier around yesterday morning to apologize. He had twice dropped signature required bags on the grass between the footpath and our front fence/wall. Anyone going past could have taken a step off the footpath and picked these up. And I could have been about $350 out of pocket. So I lodged a complaint. At least most letters are put in the letter box out of sight.
Unfortunately the couriers are using contactless COVID delivery protocols as an excuse to circumvent gaining signatures. We have ongoing action in progress with our local NZ Couriers/Post Haste manager due to items with flouro pink "Please obtain signature" stickers affixed being signed off with "letterbox, front door, etc" or the shorthand CD (contactless delivery). Even more dishonestly we have been alerted to items that have been recorded as being signed for the name on the address label when no signature or contact had been made by this person. A friend and a relative in those cases.

We have had one consignment stolen from a Christchurch letterbox in a commercial area. Protocol should have been to leave a missed delivery card. Still waiting for the claim documents weeks later Angry
They should remove the signature required cost if covid has all but eliminated it's purpose. They shouldn't keep offering a service that is no longer a service. They also shouldn't offer a service that can be over road by another service (ATL in relation to signature required.) I paid for a signature required parcel only to find that the buyer used an ATL, bloody pointless isn't it. Oh well she paid for it but if she had've told me via email I would have chosen the cheaper postage cost.
nz post has managed to turn 'next day delivery' into maybe three days if youre lucky.
i recently got an item that took 4 days to get from Papakura to Tauranga. the sender paid for overnight.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(03-01-2022, 06:46 AM)Magoo Wrote: nz post has managed to turn 'next day delivery' into maybe three days if youre lucky.
i recently got an item that took 4 days to get from Papakura to Tauranga. the sender paid for overnight.
Yes I have noticed that too. They are trying though, because to be fair some items I have received have been overnight, most though are 4-5 days.
(03-01-2022, 07:10 AM)gr8dadof2 Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 06:46 AM)Magoo Wrote: nz post has managed to turn 'next day delivery' into maybe three days if youre lucky.
Yes I have noticed that too. They are trying though, because to be fair some items I have received have been overnight, most though are 4-5 days.
somehow Post Haste, PBT and Aramex manage to pull it off.
i need to dampen my expectations when dealing with nzpost.
i do ask that senders use a courier company
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(03-01-2022, 08:42 AM)Magoo Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 07:10 AM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: Yes I have noticed that too. They are trying though, because to be fair some items I have received have been overnight, most though are 4-5 days.
somehow Post Haste, PBT and Aramex manage to pull it off.
i need to dampen my expectations when dealing with nzpost.
i do ask that senders use a courier company
I thought the logo change might have woken them up somehow............lol wishful thinking. They've probably given themselves a nice big pay rise though  for the wonderful work *cough* that they've done! PMSL!