Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian May tests positive for covid
https://www.hauraki.co.nz/music/music-ne...k2VJbqBK1E

"Brian May has tested positive for COVID-19. Over the weekend, the Queen guitarist took to Instagram to share a post and pair of video messages detailing "Life After The Double Red Line."

"Yep. The shocking day finally came for me. The dreaded double red line," he captioned a photo of his positive test. "And yes - definitely NO sympathy please - it has been a truly horrible few days, but I’m OK. And I will tell the tale. PLEASE take extra care out there, good folks. This thing is incredibly transmissible. You really do NOT want it messing up YOUR Christmas."

After detailing his experience with the illness, which he described as “the worst flu you can imagine,” and assuring fans he's feeling much better a week after getting sick, May reiterated the importance of getting vaccinated.
“This is not the response my body would’ve made on its own," he said. "It’s making this response because I’ve had three Pfizer jabs. And I beg you and implore you to go and get jabbed if you’re not already, because you need the help. I lost one of my very best friends to COVID very early on. In six days it killed him. It could’ve done me in the last six days but it didn’t because of the jabs."
He ended his message with a note of solidarity. “Don’t be scared but be cautious, because you don’t want to get this," May said. “Let’s all pull together to beat this damn coronavirus.”

Good for him - he could have just said nothing but instead chose to use his experience to encourage people to get the vaccination.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I just had a convo with my favourite neighbour on just this topic...

To no avail.

I really hope it doesn't kill him. He is such a nice man. Nutty as a fruitcake, but lovely with it...
It was courageous of him to make it public, & do his best to encourage others to get the vax, in view of the widespread misinformation - & really, I think we're all slightly nutty to some degree. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Mr Princess Anne has it too.

No respecter of status is this bug.
Not sure which one that is - I recall the first one, nicknamed by Charlie 'Fog' because he was so wet & thick - but whoever it is, poor bloke. Bloody covid.
(22-12-2021, 05:53 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: https://www.hauraki.co.nz/music/music-ne...k2VJbqBK1E

"Brian May has tested positive for COVID-19. Over the weekend, the Queen guitarist took to Instagram to share a post and pair of video messages detailing "Life After The Double Red Line."

"Yep. The shocking day finally came for me. The dreaded double red line," he captioned a photo of his positive test. "And yes - definitely NO sympathy please - it has been a truly horrible few days, but I’m OK. And I will tell the tale. PLEASE take extra care out there, good folks. This thing is incredibly transmissible. You really do NOT want it messing up YOUR Christmas."

After detailing his experience with the illness, which he described as “the worst flu you can imagine,” and assuring fans he's feeling much better a week after getting sick, May reiterated the importance of getting vaccinated.
“This is not the response my body would’ve made on its own," he said. "It’s making this response because I’ve had three Pfizer jabs. And I beg you and implore you to go and get jabbed if you’re not already, because you need the help. I lost one of my very best friends to COVID very early on. In six days it killed him. It could’ve done me in the last six days but it didn’t because of the jabs."
He ended his message with a note of solidarity. “Don’t be scared but be cautious, because you don’t want to get this," May said. “Let’s all pull together to beat this damn coronavirus.”

Good for him - he could have just said nothing but instead chose to use his experience to encourage people to get the vaccination.
I guess being an astrophysicist as well as a rock star he has a healthy regard for the science of it.
No doubt he would have.
(22-12-2021, 05:53 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: https://www.hauraki.co.nz/music/music-ne...k2VJbqBK1E

So what I can make from this is he still got seriously ill from covid despite having 3 jabs and is telling everyone you should still bother with it?
If anything, im not going to waste any time with boosters unless they give us one that is designed for the strain in circulation. By that stage it would have mutated into more strains anyway.
Whats more, omnicron and any future strains are only going to get weaker and weaker as far as severity goes, but increase in transmissability.
Because vaccination plus booster shots is still the best weapon we have so far, it makes sense to get them. With luck - & some hard work - the future may see something better developed, but until then this is what we have.
On another forum I used to frequent, posters like our antivax rightwinger here were referred to as "chew toys".
I do have other cameras!
(07-01-2022, 11:52 AM)Praktica Wrote: On another forum I used to frequent, posters like our antivax rightwinger here were referred to as "chew toys".
Love it!   I will store it away for future use.