Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This sums up windows 11 nicely...
https://www.zdnet.com/article/8-harsh-re...s-11-user/

I pretty much agree with all of this and found I had the same problems, glad it's not just me.

Hopefully M$ can fix them, because there are still alot of things I like better than windows 10
totally agree with most of that - #3 is easy workaround, just skip the internet setup.

one other annoyance I have is you can no longer drag a file over top of a minimised folder in the taskbar and have it restore the window to desktop so you can drop the file
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(23-12-2021, 10:53 AM)king1 Wrote: totally agree with most of that - #3 is easy workaround, just skip the internet setup.

one other annoyance I have is you can no longer drag a file over top of a minimised folder in the taskbar and have it restore the window to desktop so you can drop the file

wow, never noticed that one.
the context menus are the biggest annoyance for me, but you get used to it.
(25-12-2021, 08:09 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(23-12-2021, 10:53 AM)king1 Wrote: totally agree with most of that - #3 is easy workaround, just skip the internet setup.

wow, never noticed that one.
must confess I used the registry hack to restore it the normal context menu
https://www.howtogeek.com/759449/how-to-...-explorer/

I've ignored the prompts to upgrade to W11 and it looks like my suspicions about what that would likely mean have been accurate. I run a fairly 'personalised' suite of programs including MailWasher, ReadNotify, ESET, HP printer interface, QZ tray thermal courier label interface, VLR media player, Firefox/Thunderbird, as well as still running MS Office 2010. From what I see W11 will cause me substantial grief to continue doing so if I 'upgrade' to W11 so will resist doing so as long as humanly possible.
(25-12-2021, 08:41 AM)king1 Wrote:
(25-12-2021, 08:09 AM)nzoomed Wrote: wow, never noticed that one.
must confess I used the registry hack to restore it the normal context menu
https://www.howtogeek.com/759449/how-to-...-explorer/
Thats pretty cool, its amazing how many things can still be changed with a simple registry hack.
I bet winaero tweaker will be adding a bunch of stuff if not already.
Installed it, tried it for a couple of days, uninstalled it, not impressed  Angry
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
what didn't you like about it Oldfellah?

Perhaps it was my copy of win 11 that i downloaded because my PC didn't meet the requirements to install it officially so I found it very buggy and difficult to use, Ill wait for a decent copy to come out because I sure as heck am not going to buy a new computer with all the right specs.
(27-12-2021, 06:42 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Perhaps it was my copy of win 11 that i downloaded because my PC didn't meet the requirements to install it officially so I found it very buggy and difficult to use, Ill wait for a decent copy to come out because I sure as heck am not going to buy a new computer with all the right specs.
I don't understand if your pc did not meet the requirements it would have no installed Windows 11 , having had used Windows 11 since it was released i have found it issue free , running fine , maybe im lucky or i just accept it for what it is and use it as an always beta program Smile
(01-01-2022, 12:11 PM)worf Wrote:
(27-12-2021, 06:42 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Perhaps it was my copy of win 11 that i downloaded because my PC didn't meet the requirements to install it officially so I found it very buggy and difficult to use, Ill wait for a decent copy to come out because I sure as heck am not going to buy a new computer with all the right specs.
I don't understand if your pc did not meet the requirements it would have no installed Windows 11 , having had used Windows 11 since it was released i have found it issue free , running fine , maybe im lucky or i just accept it for what it is and use it as an always beta program Smile

like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovgWN6YD2ws
(01-01-2022, 12:14 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 12:11 PM)worf Wrote: I don't understand if your pc did not meet the requirements it would have no installed Windows 11 , having had used Windows 11 since it was released i have found it issue free , running fine , maybe im lucky or i just accept it for what it is and use it as an always beta program Smile

like this

So you tried to run Windows 11 on unsupported hardware that they have said will come with issues , so you also may have found for yourself exactly that . Also did you upgrade from 10 or did you have to do a clean install , which means paying for 11 if you wished to keep it etc , would it be worth it

I have windows 10 and windows 11 Computers , Windows 11 by far is 1000x better in all aspects , however to be fair i feel it requires a powerful pc to get the most out of it

My opinion is just that not by any means a qualified statement , just my observation Smile
(01-01-2022, 12:23 PM)worf Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 12:14 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: like this

So you tried to run Windows 11 on unsupported hardware that they have said will come with issues , so you also may have found for yourself exactly that . Also did you upgrade from 10 or did you have to do a clean install , which means paying for 11 if you wished to keep it etc , would it be worth it

I have windows 10 and windows 11 Computers , Windows 11 by far is 1000x better in all aspects , however to be fair i feel it requires a powerful pc to get the most out of it

My opinion is just that not by any means a qualified statement , just my observation Smile

1000x better is a big improvement. How do you feel about XP compared with Me?
(01-01-2022, 12:23 PM)worf Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 12:14 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: like this

I just saw someone today with a computer running a core2 duo that was upgraded to windows 11!
(03-01-2022, 08:20 PM)TygerTung Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 12:23 PM)worf Wrote: So you tried to run Windows 11 on unsupported hardware that they have said will come with issues , so you also may have found for yourself exactly that . Also did you upgrade from 10 or did you have to do a clean install , which means paying for 11 if you wished to keep it etc , would it be worth it

Yes XP was a great operating system in its day , did what it was ment to do with Computers it was ment to be used on in the day .Windows Me was a simple waste of space .

I won't go comparing windows 95 +++ 98 + Me XP etc there all old operating systems that had reason to be in there day

Windows 10 ++++++++ versions have there place today still , Windows 11 works well on my main computer , Windows 10 works well on my 4 Gen i7

Plenty u tube videos debating who's operating system is better or why etc , i work in a real world hands on and use what i need out of the Computer and system on hand Smile
I won't update past Windows 7 personally. Have machines running 7, XP and Me.

Me boots and shuts down real fast.
(03-01-2022, 08:20 PM)TygerTung Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 12:23 PM)worf Wrote: So you tried to run Windows 11 on unsupported hardware that they have said will come with issues , so you also may have found for yourself exactly that . Also did you upgrade from 10 or did you have to do a clean install , which means paying for 11 if you wished to keep it etc , would it be worth it

If your computer had Windows 10 in it before it doesn't matter if you clean install or not. The key is assigned to that Motherboard, and as Windows 11 uses W10 keys it will activate. If it had Windows 7 or 8 installed you could have a problem.