Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant we just say NO!
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...ew-zealand

"“Australia is well within its rights to deport individuals who break your laws. New Zealand does the same. But we have a simple request – send back Kiwis. Genuine Kiwis. Do not deport your people and your problems.”"
The Australian govt is behaving disgracefully, & I'd not want to see this country descend to their level.
They're uprooting people from families & in many cases, the only life they've ever known - they've even sent back people only a matter of months old when taken to Oz. They send to 'detention centres' if they appeal (& that can take months) which are sometimes on the other side if the country which means it become difficult or impossible for family contact to be maintained.

Basically they're moving their problem - Australian made criminals - to our country & their govt will be very well aware of the chaos that's causing here. They simply don't care.
What I'd like to see is Australia legally prevented from returning more of their criminals & obliged to offer the option of returning to Oz (at the expense of their govt) to all those they've sent here.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)