Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant we just say NO!
A Rebels gang member who has lived in Australia since he was 4 years old will be deported to New Zealand over “significant” fears he will reoffend.
It comes despite the fact all his family, including his partner and young son, live in New South Wales.

Cant the government just tell the Aussies to stick it we dont want them , or is it not in the kindness manifesto?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Kindness has nothing to do with it - the fact that this person was born here is the important thing - he may not be an Australian citizen.
I do have other cameras!
think it's probably this one
https://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/publ...25517.html

Basically we can't say no to any new zealand citizen, and i'm pretty sure by right of birth in NZ they are automatically a new zealand citizen
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
But after all that time from the age of 4 he is surely to be a long term resident and same for his family I guess

I agree with the link you posted King, but it just pisses me off the way Aussie is dumping them back here when they went over with their parents and had no say in the matter and because of that they are basically Australian, I bet the government didnt say no I dont want your taxes because your not a citizen.
New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990 includes the right of entry into
NZ of all NZ citizens. This is why the 501 deportees have to be allowed entry. It is also the reason that during the Covid pandemic we still have to allow entry to citizens, whether risky or infected, with only minor and temporary restrictions imposed.

https://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/publ...25517.html

The NZ government has been trying for years to stop Australia deporting criminals under S. 501
Wouldn't it be nice if Oz had the decency to recognise that the New Zealanders who have worked there for lifetimes, had children there, and given their lives and energies to the country were in fact entitled to citizenship rights?

Or maybe our government should ask, if not, why the blue blazing hell are we not treating their citizens the way they treat ours?

Maybe we could send a few of their own back under our own 501 type laws? If we had them...
They tried to send back an Aboriginal man awhile ago, he was born here prematurely when his parents were on holiday. He was a New Zealand citizen by accident of birth. They backed down and let him stay in OZ.

Like cars - was the Ford Falcon Australian...or American ? It was an American car, but being made in Australia for decades from Australian components, Australian design input...was it an Australian car, or was it still American ? Same with the people, they are product of Australia...we provided the DNA, they provided the personality.
The land contributes to a human life, most of us acknowledge that. We have gypsies, nomads, wanderers among every population, but for most there is one home. And to be forced out of it is a trauma. Ask any refugee...

Or deportee.
(27-12-2021, 12:10 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: But after all that time from the age of 4 he is surely to be a long term resident and same for his family I guess

I agree with the link you posted King, but it just pisses me off the way Aussie is dumping them back here when they went over with their parents and had no say in the matter and because of that they are basically Australian, I bet the government didnt say no I dont want your taxes because your not a citizen.
Yeah - and then there was your snide snip about "kindness".
I do have other cameras!
Nothing snide about the remark I made as this government makes such a big thing out of it.
(27-12-2021, 01:41 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Nothing snide about the remark I made as this government makes such a big thing out of it.
To be fair, there is a kindness is in letting them come back home, otherwise they would have nowhere to go...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I'm sure most of them are thankful for having a safe country to go to...not all of them are drug dealing gang members, so we don't hear about them. But the ones bringing new gangs into this country, and offering the high bling high violence lifestyle to locals I'm not so kind about.
I would like to return the Christchurch Terrorist. Save us a fortune in board and lodging.
(27-12-2021, 01:41 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Nothing snide about the remark I made as this government makes such a big thing out of it.
The real reason for the returns was explained to you, however.
I do have other cameras!
"is it not in the kindness manifesto?"    You think that's not snide?   You're being disingenuous here and sadly for you no-one is impressed.
(27-12-2021, 02:47 PM)Olive Wrote:
"is it not in the kindness manifesto?"    You think that's not snide?   You're being disingenuous here and sadly for you no-one is impressed.
How do you know none is impressed Olive, have you asked them, I think its only you that is a sad sack!
I like Olive. I like you too oldfellah.

Nothing sad about either of you. Might explain it...
Oh_hunnihunni

Heart Heart Heart Heart
Thanks  Wink

I have nothing against Olive but this is a place where people are entitled to their opinions, Im letting mine be known whether they are right or wrong and Olive is letting theirs be known whether they are right or wrong, yes things mat get a tad heated or whatever but what the hell its all good fun
(27-12-2021, 03:45 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Oh_hunnihunni

Heart Heart Heart Heart
Thanks  Wink

I have nothing against Olive but this is a place where people are entitled to their opinions, Im letting mine be known whether they are right or wrong and Olive is letting theirs be known whether they are right or wrong, yes things mat get a tad heated or whatever but what the hell its all good fun
Where can we find this kindness manifesto of which you speak?   It sounds like an awfully good idea.   Can you give us a link?
I love a good argument, they are even better against respected opponents!

The kindness manifesto is the government platform, and it is being picked up around the world. And while it can also be used as a great tool in gaslighting an opponent, it isn't a bad thing either. If it is put to work with genuine intention. Fake kindness though is like overt charity, best avoided at all costs...