Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain Teasers
Please DO NOT post answers for this here - It WILL spoil it for everyone else.

Post only the total number you feel you have answered correctly.

Soon we will post the correct answers below...

Answers are now available...

1. History repeating itself.
2. Ring around the Rosie
3. Repeat after me
4. Read between the lines
5. You're under arrest
6. Square Meal
7. Ready for more
8. Alice in wonderland
9. Right Beside me
10. frankenstein
11. made in china
12. settle down
13 one in a million
14. Four wheel drive
15. The land Before Time
16. I'll be there in a Minute
17. rail crossing
18. Microscope
19. banana split
20. painless operation
21. update
22. well balanced meal
23. tennis shoes
24. excuse me
25. time after time or double time
26. bad influence
27. Won by a nose
28. To Big to Ignore
29. big bird
30. high chair
31. ice cube
32. Foreign Language
33. Space Invaders
34. Safety in Numbers
35. Blanket
36. Who's in Charge
37. Equal Rights
38. tiptoe through the tulips
39. Free for (4) all
40. Neon Lights

That's All Folks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
I reckon i've got a 33/40. Will be interesting to see how many actually end up correct...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I have no idea what the questions are... How does this work?
(28-12-2021, 10:41 AM)Olive Wrote: I have no idea what the questions are...  How does this work?
Each box on the attached sheet is a clue, you need to work out what each means.  

more of a cryptic puzzle this one

(28-12-2021, 10:41 AM)Olive Wrote: I have no idea what the questions are...  How does this work?
If you click on the thumbnail olive, then you will see alot of boxes, with clues in each one.

For example (sorry for giving the answer to this one, but giving it so that people can understand this type of puzzle) the answer to #4 is 'read between the lines'.

Hope this helps.

I reckon these games should be below General discussion. Just a thought.Smile
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(28-12-2021, 10:54 AM)crafters_corner Wrote:
If you click on the thumbnail olive, then you will see alot of boxes, with clues in each one.

For example (sorry for giving the answer to this one, but giving it so that people can understand this type of puzzle) the answer to #4 is 'read between the lines'.

Hope this helps.

Will sort that when we get the forum layout reorganised - just need nzoomed to poke his head in the door and say yay or nay

(28-12-2021, 11:48 AM)king1 Wrote:
(28-12-2021, 10:54 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: If you click on the thumbnail olive, then you will see alot of boxes, with clues in each one.

Hope this helps.

Will sort that when we get the forum layout reorganised - just need nzoomed to poke his head in the door and say yay or nay
Cool. Thumbsup.Big Grin

I was just thinking, about this game in particular.
I've played this before, but 'live'...with real people, at home.
Everyone gives the answers to the ones they know, then there are often ones that haven't been answered, and therein lies the 'fun' of trying to figure them out. Alot of the answers are easy, but alot can be hard.

I think it needs the interaction with the others, otherwise it feels a bit pointless?? Anyone agree or disagree??

For example...and these are purely randoms, to show what I mean..

1. break a leg
3. overrule
5. due date
6. all together
5. 6 pack
8. Mind over matter
9. above all else

So, then those answers can be c&p to a new page, like so...and add more answers, like here, that I've done in bold

1. break a leg
2. forever in my heart
3. overrule
5. due date
6. all together
5. 6 pack
7. cat in a box
8. Mind over matter
9. above all else
(28-12-2021, 10:50 AM)king1 Wrote:
Each box on the attached sheet is a clue, you need to work out what each means.  

more of a cryptic puzzle this one
Oh I see.   Thank you.
I'm picking between the two of us we've only been stumped by about 3 though some of the solutions seem a bit loose.
I'm going to put my answers visible, and you all don't like it, then I wont do it again. It might help those who might want to play, but don't know how to. It will be a reference for them.

1. History repeating itself.
4. Read between the lines
5. You're under arrest
8. Alice in wonderland
10. frankenstein
11. made in china
12. settle down
13 one in a million
17. rail crossing
19. banana split
20. operation ??
21. update
22. balanced meal
23. tennis shoes
24. excuse me
25. double time
26. bad influence
29. big bird ??
30. highchair
31. ice cube
38. tiptoe through the tulips
Answers are now available in the spoiler...

Here are 10 brain teasers. Some are easy, some maybe not. I will post the answers later in the week.
---

What makes this number unique

-----

You are in a room that has three switches and a closed door. The switches control three light bulbs on the other side of the door. Once you open the door, you may never touch the switches again. How can you definitively tell which switch is connected to each of the light bulbs?

-----

I left my campsite and hiked south for 3 miles. Then I turned east and hiked for 3 miles. I then turned north and hiked for 3 miles, at which time I came upon a bear inside my tent eating my food! What color was the bear?

-----

A man is looking at a photograph of someone. His friend asks who it is. The man replies, “Brothers and sisters, I have none. But that man’s father is my father’s son.” Who was in the photograph?

-----

Arnold Schwarzenegger has a long one. Michael J. Fox has a short one. Madonna does not use hers. Bill Clinton always uses his. The Pope never uses his. What is it?

-----

Your parents have six sons including you and each son has one sister. How many people are in the family?

-----

I am the beginning of sorrow and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness.

-----

An Arab sheik is old and must leave his fortune to one of his two sons. He makes a proposition: Both sons will ride their camels in a race, and whichever camel crosses the finish line LAST will win the fortune for its owner. During the race, the two brothers wander aimlessly for days, neither willing to cross the finish line. In desperation, they ask a wise man for advice. He tells them something; then the brothers leap onto the camels and charge toward the finish line. What did the wise man say?

-----

Fourteen of the kids in the class are girls. Eight of the kids wear blue shirts. Two of the kids are neither girls or wear a blue shirt. If five of the kids are girls who wear blue shirts, how many kids are in the class?

-----

The person who makes it has no need for it. The person who purchases it does not use it. The person who does use it does not know he or she is. What is it?