Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamaki at it again
Destiny Church leader Brian Tamaki is under investigation after he allegedly threatened to have future mobile vaccination clinics blown up to prevent children getting their Covid-19 jab at schools.
"I'll stand down there and I'll take that school apart. If you go in there with your wagon, I'll tow your wagon away and I'll get the boys to blow it up and all your syringes, we'll run you out of town."

Investigators are assessing the information provided to them to establish whether Tamaki will face criminal charges.

Do you think he should?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
That's it.

Lock the bastard up. And shut down his scam church.
I predicted that the excrement would hit the fan when it came time to vaccinate children and I fear this is just the beginning. It won't be nice.

Anyone who remembers the toxicity around the MenzB vaccine rollout around 18 years ago will surely have a sinking feeling in their stomach at seeing this ugly incitement to violence.
It is the uglies inciting the violence that get my blood boiling.

It is not compulsory. They need to keep their choices to themselves.
I hope that the police do something meaningful in terms of throwing the book at him this time. The guy is so arrogant he let this rant go out online - as the ultimate act of provocation. I've met him and he is no intellectual but he's cunning, clearly - and he's leading an audience who want to be told what to think, as opposed to seeking and evaluating accurate and responsible information for themselves.
(27-12-2021, 06:35 PM)Olivemyrtle Wrote: I hope that the police do something meaningful in terms of throwing the book at him this time. The guy is so arrogant he let this rant go out online - as the ultimate act of provocation. I've met him and he is no intellectual but he's cunning, clearly - and he's leading an audience who want to be told what to think, as opposed to seeking and evaluating accurate and responsible information for themselves.
So, a pied piper leading the rats. His mindless followers are as dangerous as he is and the PTB are well overdue in taking effective action against this tosspot before he is successful in actually inciting the criminal acts he is voicing.
Yes, you can put a ring around that. I do understand why police have tried taking the 'softly, softly' approach, but it seems to have only emboldened him and he's effectively taunting and provoking them now. They need to draw a bloody solid fat blue line, and stick to it.

It's quite nice being allowed to swear here, isn't it? TM was pretty draconian in that regard!
I'd like to see Tamaki come out against meth, or domestic abuse, or stand up for education, or safe housing. Something useful.

But no, he picks something like this.
EFTPOStle Brian is just appealing to the lowest denominator. That way he is shepherding the most gullible and easily manipulated to his flock, ready to be fleeced. He's a sneeky prick like that, as is his missus.
(28-12-2021, 10:03 AM)harm_less Wrote: EFTPOStle Brian is just appealing to the lowest denominator. That way he is shepherding the most gullible and easily manipulated to his flock, ready to be fleeced. He's a sneeky prick like that, as is his missus.
I liken it to the anti vaxxers, who don't seem to see any logical reasoning. And, seemingly intelligent people too. It's hard to fathom peoples thinking sometimes.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(28-12-2021, 11:02 AM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(28-12-2021, 10:03 AM)harm_less Wrote: EFTPOStle Brian is just appealing to the lowest denominator. That way he is shepherding the most gullible and easily manipulated to his flock, ready to be fleeced. He's a sneeky prick like that, as is his missus.
I liken it to the anti vaxxers, who don't seem to see any logical reasoning. And, seemingly intelligent people too. It's hard to fathom peoples thinking sometimes.
Judging from some I've seen fall for scams and conspiracies being intelligent is no guarantee that you're not gullible, and conversely low intellect people can be very devious and conniving at times.
Yes, well he certainly falls under the latter category, Harm_less!
Yep absolutely., he should be prosecuted. That's a very clear threat.

But don't inflict him on other prisoners if he's given a prison sentence - he should be given no opportunity to convert more gullible followers to his dubious cause.

And a prison sentence may give him martyr status among his followers, so perhaps community service - cleaning public loos, well away from other people so there's no chance of him spreading his poison, (while wearing bright pink overalls) should suffice.
Or, perhaps he can work for the City mission or the Sally's as community service, providing he's well supervised. Actually helping others, rather than fleecing them will make a refreshing change.
I hope he finds that he's gone too far this time, but I also hope any penalty won't make the McBishop look like a brave martyr to his followers - they'll need to be careful about that aspect.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I imagine that the police will be taking advice about exactly what he can be charged with, and it might be some time (as with the other charges) before they make a move. They will be wary of turning him into a martyr but at the same time surely something must be done.

As for the sentencing, that is a long way down the track - he has to be charged, then found guilty before any sentence can be imposed.
And again. I don't think trying to claim it was a picnic is going to work. He definitely seems to be trying to be seen as a martyr - 'media lynchings', 'unfair target'

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...conditions

“As I move around the country to visit our churches I should not be subjected to media lynchings when I am doing my best to adhere to current Covid rules.“ I also should not be an unfair target by NZ Police when they have an obligation to apply the current Covid laws in a fair and consistent manner, which clearly has not been the case to date when it comes to myself, and then they show leniency towards others.”

Destiny Church holds services in Cranmer Sq most Sunday mornings, residents say, erecting food trucks, portable toilets and temporary stages without the required permission from Christchurch City Council."

And yet, AFAIK, there are no ATM's in Cranmer square..Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
soon he will be pope brian
and ring kissing will be requisite.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(10-01-2022, 11:09 AM)Magoo Wrote: soon he will be pope brian

Im not kissing his ring lol
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(10-01-2022, 01:08 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 11:09 AM)Magoo Wrote: soon he will be pope brian

Im not kissing his ring lol
I suspect there'd be a very long queue of non ring kissers... Angel Big Grin Big Grin