Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And so the saga continues...
If you have read my other thread about the brilliant TM Chat service I received, well, sadly, the saga continues.

I thought it was a completed situation. The red faces were removed by TM, I blacklisted them, but no....

I got an email this morning from Trade Me Disputes, that says that this buyer didn't receive one of their items. "Dispute Reason: the goods or service were not supplied".

This person absolutely and categorically received all of their items. I would NEVER EVER not give them all of their items. Doing something like that is beyond my thinking.

So, I guess that I am dealing with a nasty and vindictive piece of work.

Because I had already been dealing with one of the TM Chat reps, I have emailed her to ask her if she can help me with part 2 of my buyers complaints. The email today from the disputes team asked me to make contact with the buyer and to sort out this issue with them. Obviously?? they don't know about the original issue.

Something like this has never happened to me before. I am feeling between upset and bloody angry.

Watch this space... Angry
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
Send the buyer another one...
how many dollars involved, if only a few I might just refund her money for the item in question and be done with it...

tell you have no more in stock at the moment or some other lame excuse
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
The item that they claim is missing???

No way!!

They are trying it on and playing games, which I'm not going to play along with them.

(28-12-2021, 09:26 AM)king1 Wrote: how many dollars involved, if only a few I might just refund her money for the item in question and be done with it...

tell you have no more in stock at the moment or some other lame excuse
$10.00 item.

I have never had a problem giving refunds, and always with no questions asked. I do it because it's the right thing to do.
However, this is purely an attempt at revenge/retaliation, and I don't buy into that sort of thing.
I have absolutely no doubt that they got this one item, along with the 4 others. I know it because I remember thinking that finally that one and only lone item had sold at long last, and that I don't have the item in my possession anymore. I wonder why. And, coincidentally, this comes out, after they had their 5 red faces removed.

It's just nasty from them.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
Which is exactly why you don't play the same game. They want you to fight them, it makes them feel important.
I won't back down hunni. I can't. This is not right. I take pride in doing the right thing, even if I don't like it.

They have now added nasty comments on my feedbacks. All of which are untrue. This tells me that they are willing to play dirty, and while I agree that they want a fight...I certainly don't...but this is about my reputation and my integrity, and I won't have that compromised.

If they'd emailed me at the time of receiving their parcel, to say that they didn't get that one item, then I would have refunded them. No problem. But they didn't.
Do you have proof of the item reaching them such as courier tracking? Do you use signature required delivery? Did someone sign for the item and/or what evidence can you offer in this regard? If the signature required protocol did not occur due to courier failing to obtain this then it is now the courier company's problem. Lay a damages claim and use the proceeds to (partially) cover the cost of a replacement item.

If you don't use a signature required delivery method, regard this as a wake up call to do so in future.
Signature required is a waste of time. Better to photograph the parcel contents as a record if in doubt.

(28-12-2021, 10:49 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: I won't back down hunni. I can't. This is not right. I take pride in doing the right thing, even if I don't like it.

They have now added nasty comments on my feedbacks. All of which are untrue. This tells me that they are willing to play dirty, and while I agree that they want a fight...I certainly don't...but this is about my reputation and my integrity, and I won't have that compromised.

If they'd emailed me at the time of receiving their parcel, to say that they didn't get that one item, then I would have refunded them. No problem. But they didn't.
Their mistake, now TM will believe you.
Couriers don't source signatures nowadays, so why bother paying for it. I don't offer it anymore on my listings.

I think that the trail of emails, and the tracking of events and how they unfolded, it's easy to see through what they are trying to do. To cause as much trouble as possible. If I'd done something wrong, then I'd understand. TM should believe me, because of the 'evidence' that shows that they are being vindictive.
(28-12-2021, 11:11 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Signature required is a waste of time. Better to photograph the parcel contents as a record if in doubt.

Photo graphing an unsent parcel serves no more purpose than screen shots of payment being made.
Signature required delivery is a contractual shifting of liability onto the freight company. If they fail to complete the process it then becomes legally their loss and not yours.

(28-12-2021, 11:19 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: Couriers don't source signatures nowadays, so why bother paying for it. I don't offer it anymore on my listings.
If signature required isn't of value any longer then why is it mandatory for the delivery of alcohol, firearms and some legal documents?
We are having ongoing issues with our courier failing to gain signatures (and blaming it on COVID and workload) even though there are protocols in place stated on their own website. I figure it's just a matter of my keeping my boot on their throat until they learn to adhere to their own terms of trade.

As I alluded to earlier, if you had sent the item signature required this issue would either now not have occurred or if so it wouldn't be your loss.
(28-12-2021, 11:20 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(28-12-2021, 11:11 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Signature required is a waste of time. Better to photograph the parcel contents as a record if in doubt.

Photo graphing an unsent parcel serves no more purpose than screen shots of payment being made.
Signature required delivery is a contractual shifting of liability onto the freight company. If they fail to complete the process it then becomes legally their loss and not yours.

(28-12-2021, 11:19 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: Couriers don't source signatures nowadays, so why bother paying for it. I don't offer it anymore on my listings.
If signature required isn't of value any longer then why is it mandatory for the delivery of alcohol, firearms and some legal documents?
We are having ongoing issues with our courier failing to gain signatures (and blaming it on COVID and workload) even though there are protocols in place stated on their own website. I figure it's just a matter of my keeping my boot on their throat until they learn to adhere to their own terms of trade.

As I alluded to earlier, if you had sent the item signature required this issue would either now not have occurred or if so it wouldn't be your loss.
I've made claims with my courier (mostly Aramex) for missing parcels, and they have paid up, after putting in the claim. They photograph the delivery place, I believe.
As for the booze, firearms etc, well, that would be fairly obvious, wouldn't it?
I do think that the couriers need to update their websites too. Especially the time frames for delivery. I do think that covid and workload have been factors for them, with a massive backlog, which they don't seem to have gotten a handle on.

Most of my goods I sell, come from China (what doesn't these days), and all good quality items that I sell, and interestingly, from about 6 months ago, they are mostly coming to me from Auckland, and I believe that China probably would have sent over a container/s of items that NZ buyers buy, and I am getting my ordered parcels so much quicker...mostly only taking about 2 weeks or so, whereas before, who knows when they would arrive.
Under covid signature required was impossible. Since covid very few couriers bother. They sign themselves ATL or with fakes, and receivers can simply change instructions to Leave by the front door if they choose. And we do.

But hey, if you want to pay for service that doesn't happen any more, go for it.
(28-12-2021, 12:19 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Under covid signature required was impossible. Since covid very few couriers bother. They sign themselves ATL  or with fakes, and receivers can simply change instructions to Leave by the front door if they choose. And we do.

But hey, if you want to pay for service that doesn't happen any more, go for it.
Not impossible, protocols just need to be modified to cope with the situation. It would appear however that the levels of service from the various courier companies is being magnified by the difficulties COVID is placing on things.

For NZ Couriers who we use the requirement of a signature is a given and comes at no extra cost. Their delivery times haven't changed except for into the Auckland area due to the lockdown restrictions in place there and a backlog of previous freight as a result.

This is NZ Couriers' protocol: https://help.nzcouriers.co.nz/delivery-a...deliveries Obviously if a formalised ATL (Authority To Leave) agreement is in place this process will be superceded by the ATL. Not foolproof as we are seeing (using tracking) couriers leaving items on doorsteps and in letterboxes (with photos to prove it), items being signified CD (contactless delivery) or more recently the name on the address label is entered in the tracking info as recipient and the item just left. Considering that apparently every available van in Auckland has been acquired for courier duties I guess the drivers are similarly undedicated to their job.
(28-12-2021, 10:49 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: I won't back down hunni. I can't. This is not right. I take pride in doing the right thing, even if I don't like it.

You should back down, you can do more damage sticking to your guns and is it really worth it? If their is no proof the item was delivered then you don't really know if they got it. If all the items were in the same package then there's your proof, if they received some they must have received all because they were packaged together. If they were sent separately then they may not have received said item. You have chosen to base your position on when they decided to tell you something was missing, it may just be how it played out. Even if they are lying you can be proud that you took the higher road and either refunded or replaced the missing item. Don't stoop to their level. I do feel for you. We should follow the paths of least resistance, by you sticking to your guns out of pride and not 100% sure of some of the facts of the trade, not fully knowing whether they did in fact receive the item, and sticking to your guns is taking the hard path. Its not worth losing sleep over, fix the problem the quickest and easiest way is how I would handle it.