Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Kerry Hulme: Author of The Bone People
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/bo...r-has-died

I read The Bone People many years ago, and I found it very thought provoking

RIP to a wonderful NZ writer. Heart
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
Noooo! Bugger!
The bone people is one of my all time favourite books - I may have to read it again soon now. That's a big loss to NZ - its not as though we can afford to lose writers of her quality.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
She was a ground-breaker for literature in Auotearoa. I loved The Bone People. Sad that she has died so young.
I was stunned by her age; not sure why but I thought she was only around 40-50. Did BAIT ever get published, does anyone know?
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It seems to have been published:

Published by Viking Penguin
Original TitleBait (Pb)
ISBN 0140170375

But Amazon doesn't have it in any format, nor is it available from Book Depository.
(28-12-2021, 02:19 PM)Olive Wrote: It seems to have been published: 

Published by Viking Penguin
Original TitleBait (Pb)
ISBN 0140170375

But Amazon doesn't have it in any format, nor is it available from Book Depository.
 Damn, I hadn't realised it was finally published. Perhaps they'll reprint it now that she's died.
Interesting interview and overview

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/bo...pectations
Cheers for posting that, Olive. She was certainly an interesting woman. Smile
Years ago, Keri was an active poster at Russell Brown's blog, Public Address - she used the pseudonym "Islander". She was a very interesting lady.
I do have other cameras!