Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower covid numbers
Either way, obviously its not making many people sick, could be a combination of things. Vaccination, summer and that the virus generally being delta is less severe than the alpha strain.
Omicron will definitely bring a surge in cases, but unless people are showing symptoms, its less likely that they will go and get a test unless its through routine testing.
I hope he didn't infect those two lovely dogs in the photo..

It does seem to have been a misunderstanding on his part if what he says is right so that shows that those self isolating or in MIQ really need to have the situation explained in fine detail so there are no more misunderstandings.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Or maybe he just can't count.
(30-12-2021, 11:24 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Or maybe he just can't count.
Or maybe he just couldnt be stuffed isolating anymore
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
We should send him home.
We might do that yet, who knows.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(30-12-2021, 01:11 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: We should send him home.
Dont see that happeneing, apparently he is supposed to be playing for Jacinda at her wedding!
Oh good gods, are we set for another one of those 'who the PM associates with' beat ups?

Does this one come with tattoos and a drug habit to spice things up or are we limited to just virulently contagious in 2022?
(30-12-2021, 08:41 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(30-12-2021, 01:11 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: We should send him home.
Dont see that happeneing, apparently he is supposed to be playing for Jacinda at her wedding!
Christ on a bike! Well then, that settles it - it will of course, be entirely the fault of the PM. Dodgy Rolleyes Confused

At least for some. Rolleyes
Didn't you know that EVERYTHING bad is the fault of the PM, while everything good happens despite her tyranny.

Some of the speculation on Twitter is so peculiar that it's hard to distinguish the genuine CT from the satire.
(31-12-2021, 11:59 AM)Olive Wrote: Didn't you know that EVERYTHING bad is the fault of the PM, while everything good happens despite her tyranny.   

Some of the speculation on Twitter is so peculiar that it's hard to distinguish the genuine CT from the satire.
For some, I'm not sure they'd know the difference anyway. Big Grin
(30-12-2021, 08:24 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: He said
After completing my 10 day isolation, and of the understanding that I had completed my quarantine, I entered the community.

But the ministry said
they didn't wait for their negative day nine test result before leaving self-isolation, as required, and went on to visit multiple venues including a nightclub.

But how come he was allowed to enter the country to play at a festival when hundreds of Kiwis cant get back home?

Well, two points:

1. Maybe those hundreds of Kiwis who can't get home, can't play at the festival. Would be pretty boring festival with no artists.

2. Maybe we can just let the people in now as we have the traffic light system? Everyone is immunised now so no problem?
There certainly is a problem , Its called the New Zealand Government.
(01-01-2022, 07:15 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: There certainly is a problem , Its called the New Zealand Government.
I don't understand.  Can you explain ?
TygerTung Stated Maybe we can just let the people in now as we have the traffic light system? Everyone is immunised now so no problem?

And I said that the New Zealand Government is the problem
They are the problem because they wont let their own double vaxxed citizens back in the country where as they let a certain DJ into the country 3 times to play at gigs around the country when people overseas have dying parents whom they want to get back to are not allowed in even if they are vaxxed to the max.
I dont think thats fair do you? So yes the Government is the problem.
(01-01-2022, 08:28 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: TygerTung Stated Maybe we can just let the people in now as we have the traffic light system? Everyone is immunised now so no problem?

They are the problem because they wont let their own double vaxxed citizens back in the country where as they let a certain DJ into the country 3 times to play at gigs around the country when people overseas have dying parents whom they want to get back to are not allowed in even if they are vaxxed to the max.
A wonderful simplistic view of a complex problem.
I do have other cameras!
Oh Olive did I upset you with the post saying that the Government is to blame, I must have because you gave me a minus on my reputation ... tut tut I didnt realise you were so sensitive, I was going to do the same to you but then why should I stoop to your level?
(01-01-2022, 08:36 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 08:28 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: TygerTung Stated Maybe we can just let the people in now as we have the traffic light system? Everyone is immunised now so no problem?

A wonderful simplistic view of a complex problem.
I wouldn't call it wonderful, but it's certainly simplistic.   It's as if Aotearoa's death and infection rates per capita are not the lowest in the developed world.
Olive.
No one is arguing that New Zealand's death and infection rates per capita are not the lowest in the developed world. All Im more or less saying is assuming that your double vaxxed and can show proof of it you can probably go anywhere in New Zealand, so why cant New Zealand citizens overseas that are double vaxxed and can show proof of it not be allowed home? Go ask the Government!
(01-01-2022, 09:27 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Olive.
No one is arguing that New Zealand's death and infection rates per capita are not the lowest in the developed world. All Im more or less saying is assuming that your double vaxxed and can show proof of it you can probably go anywhere in New Zealand, so why cant New Zealand citizens overseas that are double vaxxed and can show proof of it not be allowed home? Go ask the Government!
The flaw in your proposal is that it assumes fully vaccinated people can't catch or transmit COVID. That just isn't the case. My partner spoke to her brother in the UK yesterday and despite being fully vaccinated including recent booster both he and his wife currently have a dose of COVID. Chesty cough in his case and inflamed throat for his wife.

The omicron variant will sidestep vaccinations but supposedly the infection will be mitigated in such individuals. Doesn't stop infected (and possibly asymptomatic) individuals acting as vectors for the virus.