Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Slowly but surely, 'they' are trying to kill us off
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1274019...tamination

Now it's golden syrup and treacle.
Before that it was the brown sugar.

I will probably die of leaded coffee.

Huh Confused Dodgy Exclamation Angry Sad Cool
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
They took it out of petrol...we have to get our recommended daily dose somehow.
I've got one of those in the cupboard. Its been there about 5 years; think I'm probably safe...Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(29-12-2021, 03:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I've got one of those in the cupboard. Its been there about 5 years; think I'm probably safe...Smile
Try it and see lilith. Big Grin
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(29-12-2021, 03:50 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(29-12-2021, 03:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I've got one of those in the cupboard. Its been there about 5 years; think I'm probably safe...Smile
Try it and see lilith. Big Grin
I only use it for baking...I don't often bake these days, but I'd be willing to make an exception just for you.... Big Grin Big Grin Angel Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(29-12-2021, 04:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(29-12-2021, 03:50 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Try it and see lilith. Big Grin
I only use it for baking...I don't often bake these days, but I'd be willing to make an exception just for you.... Big Grin Big Grin Angel Angel
You better give me your phone number, in case you suddenly don't turn up here one day.
And maybe your families phone number.
Just in case.Big Grin
(29-12-2021, 04:20 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(29-12-2021, 04:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I only use it for baking...I don't often bake these days, but I'd be willing to make an exception just for you.... Big Grin Big Grin Angel Angel
You better give me your phone number, in case you suddenly don't turn up here one day.
And maybe your families phone number.
Just in case.Big Grin
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Dodgy 
Big Grin
(29-12-2021, 06:17 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Dodgy 
Big Grin
Golden syrup reminded me -  few years ago, the 3 granddaughters who live here decided that they'd all come to visit & so I should probably make something - perhaps Anzac biscuits would be good.
So being a saintly Gran I set about making them - but that lot turned up early & all started talking to me at once on different subjects. Somehow or other I was distracted, forgot to add the flour, & the result was disastrous.
One of the little sweetie darlings took a photo. And then put it on FB, so that every so often the damned thing turns up again. I just ignore but one of them always spots it & shares it again, with the story of how gran 'forgot' the flour - but never a mention that it was all their fault! Bastards! Big Grin Big Grin Angel
This is exactly why we have kids and grandkids. So that they can humiliate us. Sad but true. Big Grin
True, that. They all have a little store of stories they're going to tell at my un-funeral. Youngest grandson will surely tell the one about 'the time I caught Gran doing grocery shopping when it was (nearly) lockdown'.
Eldest granddaughter (who is very good at organising) had been over & shown me how to do the online grocery thing, & youngest grandson had volunteered to get anything needed in between times.
I didn't think there was any need to mention that I was doing the dreaded shopping the day before lockdown started, so off I went & did it. I was just coming out when this voice said 'And what do you think you're doing?!"
Bugger.

In my opinion this younger generation are altogether far too quick to whip out their bloody phones & take photos - & then send them around the entire whanau! By the time I got home, there were three tellings off waiting.
It wasn't even lockdown yet, dammit. Smile
Tell them that you are leaving all your dosh to charities. That'll shut 'em up.

I did that. There were some that were surpised, one that said 'good for you Mum', and one who didn't care less.

I thought that with them being 4 girls, they'd have been scrapping over it, but no.

However, when it comes to my jewellery, that's a whole other story. One wants this, one wants that, two want the same thing, no one wants those, they all want that. Pfft.
You could always do a 'lucky dip' thing to sort any of that - put jewellery in envelopes & make them just put their hand in & take one. I'm probably going to need to do that with the granddaughters for some things.
It's a bit tricky really isn't it. Someone's going to be offended no doubt.

Sadly, my wedding, engagement and eternity rings got stolen a few years back, when I had a break in. Bastards.

I have my Mum's rings, and they will be going with me, when I cark it. They are mine, and very precious to me.

I don't care about my other jewellery really. It's just 'things'. Nothing that means anything really. They can fight over them. I wish I could look down and watch the shit fight..lol