Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you like to launch in a rocket to the ISS ??
All things to do with Space, is a passion of mine. It thrills and excites me, and absolutely fascinating.

The ISS flies around Earth at unbelievable speed, and circumnavigates Earth every 90mins.

I don't like flying, so I wouldn't do it, but the idea of it is fascinating to me. I have seen many a YT on life on the station, and it really is a place of intrigue, excitement, and the sheer beauty of watching the earth from up there, is magnificent.

Some youtubes, if you care to watch any of them.

First launch using a private company, SpaceX (Elon Musk)

Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
I would do it in a heartbeat if my heart was any good
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Not so much the space station, but I'd love to see earth from space like William Shatner & others have. I think that would be quite an experience, & something which Edgar Mitchell advocated for politicians, which I strongly agree with. Smile

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.”
― Edgar Mitchell
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Nope, I'm sure I would get travel sick.
I'm very happy watching others do it and risking their lives.

Even if a comet was heading this way and there was a spare seat on an outward bound spaceship, I would give up that seat to someone else and look like a big hero.
Then go and sit in a lovely park with icecream, cake and alcohol of some kind, and sing loudly as I waited for the end.
(29-12-2021, 03:57 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Not so much the space station, but I'd love to see earth from space like William Shatner & others have. I think that would be quite an experience, & something which Edgar Mitchell advocated for politicians, which I strongly agree with. Smile

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.”
― Edgar Mitchell
ha, love the quote, and so true.

(29-12-2021, 04:02 PM)Outsider Wrote: Nope, I'm sure I would get travel sick.
I'm very happy watching others do it and risking their lives.

Even if a comet was heading this way and there was a spare seat on an outward bound spaceship, I would give up that seat to someone else and look like a big hero.
Then go and sit in a lovely park with icecream, cake and alcohol of some kind, and sing loudly as I waited for the end.
I ain't ready to die, so I'd be asking for directions to the comet, and be like "run forrest run".
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".