Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Only my opinion
I had a look on youtube at what DJ Dimension does and to be honest I dont think their is any talent to what he does at all, he is not playing an instrument just a mixing machine.
To me it seems like he has mixed sounds together on a computer (even I can do that) and plays these sounds at a gig with synchronized lights.

No talent at all but as I say thats just my opinion, feel free to agree or disagree with me.

https://tinyurl.com/yyrkmvo9
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
We are biased. We know what real music is.
I'm more concerned that he broke the rules, than about the music he plays.

Sorry after the fact, means nothing.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(30-12-2021, 01:09 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I'm more concerned that he broke the rules, than about the music he plays.

Sorry after the fact, means nothing.

I don't care what kind of music he performs. He could be the world's finest Operatic tenor and I would still hate him for his selfishness, arrogance and mendaciousness.
No point in hating this damned fool. Save it for important stuff.
I quite like it, but then I like quite a bit of techno (or whatever its called - I often have no idea what genre I'm listening to) although I prefer Underworld, Boris Brechja or Sama Abdulhadi.
But then apparently I have 'weird taste' in music.

I think that once you hit 60-70, you're supposed to start listening to Charlie Pride, but I've heard Charlie Pride so that was never going to happen. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(30-12-2021, 06:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I quite like it, but then I like quite a bit of techno (or whatever its called - I often have no idea what genre I'm listening to) although I prefer Underworld, Boris Brechja or Sama Abdulhadi.
But then apparently I have 'weird taste' in music.

I think that once you hit 60-70, you're supposed to start listening  to Charlie Pride, but I've heard Charlie Pride so that was never going to happen. Smile

Yes I would say you have very weird tastes in music and as for Charlie Pride I never listed to him when he was popular and certainly dont intend to start now.
In fact I never listen to Country or Country and western rubbish.
I listen to a few diverse genres and Spotify has great fun creating playlists for me. Renaissance polyphony, Ry Cooder, Peter Tosh and Nick Cave do not form a comfortable family and I get some really bizarre suggestions.
I like Ry Cooder; he's a really interesting musician. He did Talking Timbuktu an album with an African musician who's since died, Ali Farka Toure which I really like, & often listen to. He also did the music for the Crossroads movie.
Not so keen on Nick Cave though.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
So whats wrong with AC/DC ,The Rolling Stones ,The Who ,Led Zeppelin ,Fleetwood Mac and all those great musicians ... thats real music  Cool
(31-12-2021, 02:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I  like Ry Cooder; he's a really interesting musician. He did Talking Timbuktu an album with an African musician who's since died, Ali Farka Toure which I really like, & often listen to. He also did the music for the Crossroads movie.
Ry Cooder's son Joachim  is a percussionist and is worth listening to.  They have recorded together quite a lot in recent years and it's a treat to hear.

(edited to add) I don't know why those fonts are so peculiar - not intentional on my part.
(31-12-2021, 02:40 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: So whats wrong with AC/DC ,The Rolling Stones ,The Who ,Led Zeppelin ,Fleetwood Mac and all those great musicians ... thats real music  Cool
Not a thing wrong with them - & I listen to them as well. And Jefferson airplane, Canned heat, CCR  Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin etc etc. Smile
(31-12-2021, 02:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(31-12-2021, 02:40 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: So whats wrong with AC/DC ,The Rolling Stones ,The Who ,Led Zeppelin ,Fleetwood Mac and all those great musicians ... thats real music  Cool
Not a thing wrong with them - & I listen to them as well. And Jefferson airplane, Canned heat, CCR  Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin etc etc. Smile

Lilith I even upped your reputation on that answer ... good on ya
(31-12-2021, 02:45 PM)Olive Wrote:
(31-12-2021, 02:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I  like Ry Cooder; he's a really interesting musician. He did Talking Timbuktu an album with an African musician who's since died, Ali Farka Toure which I really like, & often listen to. He also did the music for the Crossroads movie.
Ry Cooder's son Joachim  is a percussionist and is worth listening to.  They have recorded together quite a lot in recent years and it's a treat to hear.

(edited to add) I don't know why those fonts are so peculiar - not intentional on my part.
I just had to google & found that Joachim did an album with Vieux Farka Toure,who's the son of Ali Farka Toure. Smile
There's a song included with the article, Morning blues which Ry Cooder used to play to his son & now plays to his grandkids; the version is Joachim Cooder.

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/joa...d-im-bound

(31-12-2021, 02:51 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(31-12-2021, 02:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Not a thing wrong with them - & I listen to them as well. And Jefferson airplane, Canned heat, CCR  Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin etc etc. Smile

Lilith I even upped your reputation on that answer ... good on ya
Cheers - I like loads of different stuff musically, even the odd bit of classical & opera once in a while. Smile
No such thing as real music, it is all just music. Now with these DJs, there is quite a bit of live mixing going on. They will creating songs in the past using a whole bunch of instruments and mix them together. Maybe it isn't practical to take everything on stage at once, who knows?

loop musicians still musicians too
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(30-12-2021, 02:09 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No point in hating this damned fool.  Save it for important stuff.
Like idiot politicians... Angel Angel Big Grin
If we were a mature species we wouldn't elect them, we'd give them counselling.
It would be no good giving politicians counseling because we all know they wont listen
Perhaps then we need to develop them - "we haf vays of making them listen" Smile