Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keep your cool
How do you keep cool when going to bed on these warm nights?
I tend to sleep on top of the blankets and have the window open for a bit of air
then I wake up about 4.am bloody freezing lol
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I sleep hot so summer is always annoying. Just a thin cotton sheet on top and hope for the best. Duvet might be floating about on the toes but that invariably finds its way to the floor by morn.
on hot days I like to open the freezer and stand in front of it for a few minutes...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
We use to do that to warm ourselves up on cold Taupo mornings.
We lashed out on some Dyson tower fans. They are unobtrusive, adjustable, extremely quiet and I think worth the cost.
I like the white noise of my cheap New World box fan. And I like the timer thing. Handy knowing I don't need to get up to turn it off.

And the blasted flying beasties hate it!
(02-01-2022, 08:19 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I like the white noise of my cheap New World box fan. And I like the timer thing. Handy knowing I don't need to get up to turn it off.

And the blasted flying beasties hate it!
The flying beasties , please keep your men under control
(01-01-2022, 09:23 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: How do you keep cool when going to bed on these warm nights?
I tend to sleep on top of the blankets and have the window open for a bit of air
then I wake up about 4.am bloody freezing lol
We installed an Airconditioner.  Not in the lounge like most people - we put it in the Bedroom.  Fabulous.  Never have trouble sleeping now summer or winter.
I have an Airconditioner in the lounge but not the bedroom, I would love to have it going on these hot days but being the son of a tight Scotsman I loath to have it on at night ?
Nekid, under one sheet, with the window open. The cat often spends the night on the windowsill. It's been breezy the last couple of days, so that good. Otherwise I fire up my huge workshop fan, it sounds like a Spitfire and blows everything into one corner, but cools me down. I doesn't go at night though, not with that noise.
Starkers, under a sheet, and often with my legs sticking out.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
The mind boggles  Tongue
Under a sheet in my birthday suit. I pull an air cell blanket over me when it cools down.

We tend to wake up cold around 4 am because that's when our bodies fall to their lowest daily temperatures.
Autumn comes
I hate the summer, especially hot sticky 30 deg muggy still nights summers. That's when I thank god for the cheap and nasty made in china pedestal fan, I have that blasting on my face and chest area all night and that helps me sleep. Can't take enough off during summer, at least during winter you can put clothes on and regulate your body temp.

"air cell blanket" is that like a blanket of bubble wrap?
I work outdoors. Most of the boys say "Oh I wish it was summer" when we're in winter. Then when it gets to summer they wish it was winter. Winter you can dress for the cold. Layer up. Summer you only get to take of so many clothes then you get arrested !