Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S. Wiles & S. Hendy, claim against Auckland uni
(05-01-2022, 07:14 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 01:18 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Indeed - becoming like some of the worst of the anti vaxxers is every bit as bad.
Tis not. It's an immutable law. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Every vicious death threat antivaxxer out there needs to know there are people just as rabid as them at the other end of the scale.. Because there are. 

Hindsight after doing nothing shows a callous disregard for the safety of those that cannot speak or defend themselves with vaccine.
Ill say it. Keep those animals away from the vulnerable. Isolate and monitor them, they are untrustworthy, illogical and a danger to our weakest citizens.
I don't care if they don't like it, because they don't care about anyone else.
I dont care about their rights. I don't care about equality or fairness.

I'm not alone. Far from it. I'm quite moderate compared to some out there. I've lost family to this with no recourse. Nothing I could do 10000km away. Now it's at my front door and I can do something then I will. I am not prepared to lose any more family or friends to softcock excuses and bleeding heart empathists happy to sit at the bottom of the cliff in their ambulances pissing sunshine and rainbows at those who would harm us. 
These are tough times, shit or get off the pot because tough decisions have to be made. Not time for hand wringing and angst.

"Animals?"
There it is - the 'othering' which seems to crop up so often. Othering has been used frequently in the past & often with tragic consequences.
These are not 'animals' - these are humans exactly as we are, who for whatever reasons have a very different view to our own. They may well be idiotic, but that's a very human characteristic as evidenced by the oddness of various religious beliefs over the centuries.

I disagree with their views & I'm deeply concerned about the possible consequences, but I do not believe that all anti vaxxers ought to be taken out & shot. Especially when its extremely likely that many of these anti vaxxers (if not all) will eventually have no other option than to change their views as understanding begins to dawn on even the densest of them.
They too have families, some of whom will almost certainly get ill & possibly even die.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: S. Wiles & S. Hendy, claim against Auckland uni - by Lilith7 - 06-01-2022, 10:30 AM