Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: A 1930's view of the possible future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From a German artist, Echte Wagner, who designed advertising cards
Interesting ideas - he was right about phones to some extent anyway & a plane which rises & descends vertically.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/futuris...AKglwGbQCI
Very interesting, I think I saw some of these pictures when I was a child in the 1950's
No road cones !!! Wow, I'd love to live there !
Reminds me of this cartoon I saw the other day.
Its intriguing to see what various views of a possible future were from back then. And likely still will be, hundreds of years from now - assuming we haven't managed to annihilate ourselves by then.
(30-01-2023, 10:43 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Its intriguing to see what various views of a possible future were from back then. And likely still will be, hundreds of years from now - assuming we haven't managed to annihilate ourselves by then.

looking forward a hundred years from now one might predict a barren rocky planet and a bigass pile of rubble... Sweating
(30-01-2023, 10:57 AM)king1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-01-2023, 10:43 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Its intriguing to see what various views of a possible future were from back then. And likely still will be, hundreds of years from now - assuming we haven't managed to annihilate ourselves by then.

looking forward a hundred years from now one might predict a barren rocky planet and a bigass pile of rubble... Sweating

Probably populated by cockroaches; I remember reading somewhere that they're the most likely to survive most things. Big Grin