Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 1930's view of the possible future
From a German artist, Echte Wagner, who designed advertising cards
Interesting ideas - he was right about phones to some extent anyway & a plane which rises & descends vertically.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/futuris...AKglwGbQCI
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Very interesting, I think I saw some of these pictures when I was a child in the 1950's
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
No road cones !!! Wow, I'd love to live there !
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Reminds me of this cartoon I saw the other day.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Its intriguing to see what various views of a possible future were from back then. And likely still will be, hundreds of years from now - assuming we haven't managed to annihilate ourselves by then.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(30-01-2023, 10:43 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its intriguing to see what various views of a possible future were from back then. And likely still will be, hundreds of years from now - assuming we haven't managed to annihilate ourselves by then.

looking forward a hundred years from now one might predict a barren rocky planet and a bigass pile of rubble... Sweating
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(30-01-2023, 10:57 AM)king1 Wrote:
(30-01-2023, 10:43 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its intriguing to see what various views of a possible future were from back then. And likely still will be, hundreds of years from now - assuming we haven't managed to annihilate ourselves by then.

looking forward a hundred years from now one might predict a barren rocky planet and a bigass pile of rubble... Sweating

Probably populated by cockroaches; I remember reading somewhere that they're the most likely to survive most things. Big Grin