Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Longest near total eclipse tonight: 'Blue micromoon'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh fabulous! "Over the south island cloud cover is likely to increase" dammit. Now we'll have to wait another 8 hundred years for the next one...
(19-11-2021, 10:45 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh fabulous! "Over the south island cloud cover is likely to increase" dammit. Now we'll have to wait another 8 hundred years for the next one...
Might get a better view from heaven anyway. Big Grin
Been getting a good view here in Auckland. Quite eerie. Anyone know what the bright white light is in the North West? Looks too bright and big to be a star.
Brightest star is usually Venus...
(19-11-2021, 10:08 PM)pamow69 Wrote: [ -> ]Been getting a good view here in Auckland. Quite eerie. Anyone know what the bright white light is in the North West? Looks too bright and big to be a star.

Helpful site to identify stars and planets:

Night Sky Map & Planets visible tonight in Auckland
(20-11-2021, 05:07 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: [ -> ]Brightest star is usually Venus...
Yep, and women are from Venus. Big Grin
(19-11-2021, 10:57 AM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-11-2021, 10:45 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh fabulous! "Over the south island cloud cover is likely to increase" dammit. Now we'll have to wait another 8 hundred years for the next one...
Might get a better view from heaven anyway. Big Grin
Not entirely sure that might be my final destination.... Rolleyes Angel Big Grin

I did manage to see it after all, slightly pinkish when I looked & I did mean to look again later but forgot.
We watched here in WGN, it was FANTASTIC!