Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Longest near total eclipse tonight: 'Blue micromoon'
Should be good for a watch...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/weather...iday-night
Oh fabulous! "Over the south island cloud cover is likely to increase" dammit. Now we'll have to wait another 8 hundred years for the next one...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-11-2021, 10:45 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Oh fabulous! "Over the south island cloud cover is likely to increase" dammit. Now we'll have to wait another 8 hundred years for the next one...
Might get a better view from heaven anyway. Big Grin
Been getting a good view here in Auckland. Quite eerie. Anyone know what the bright white light is in the North West? Looks too bright and big to be a star.
Brightest star is usually Venus...
(19-11-2021, 10:08 PM)pamow69 Wrote: Been getting a good view here in Auckland. Quite eerie. Anyone know what the bright white light is in the North West? Looks too bright and big to be a star.

Helpful site to identify stars and planets:

Night Sky Map & Planets visible tonight in Auckland
(20-11-2021, 05:07 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Brightest star is usually Venus...
Yep, and women are from Venus. Big Grin
(19-11-2021, 10:57 AM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(19-11-2021, 10:45 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Oh fabulous! "Over the south island cloud cover is likely to increase" dammit. Now we'll have to wait another 8 hundred years for the next one...
Might get a better view from heaven anyway. Big Grin
Not entirely sure that might be my final destination.... Rolleyes Angel Big Grin

I did manage to see it after all, slightly pinkish when I looked & I did mean to look again later but forgot.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
We watched here in WGN, it was FANTASTIC!