Too Many Message Boards

Full Version: Where do you all live??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm in Te Awamutu. Been here 5 years, but moving back to Hamilton within the next 2 years.
Christchurch - what's left of it.

But I grew up in the back of beyond, out in the country. Smile
(27-11-2021, 12:29 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Christchurch - what's left of it.
You inspired me to ask this question actually. I read your post about the weather, and I thought, where are you. It's beautiful here.

Were you there when the quakes happened?
(27-11-2021, 12:30 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-11-2021, 12:29 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]Christchurch - what's left of it.
You inspired me to ask this question actually. I read your post about the weather, and I thought, where are you. It's beautiful here.

Oh yes, I was - not fun.
(27-11-2021, 12:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-11-2021, 12:30 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]You inspired me to ask this question actually. I read your post about the weather, and I thought, where are you. It's beautiful here.

Oh yes, I was - not fun.
No, it was just awful. Was your area safe?

My Dad was a Kiwi, born in Christchurch. My Grandmother is buried at Bromley cemetary. Would love to go down there sometime, and visit it.
Dunedin - as you might have guessed from my cafe picks.
Naki born and bred. Apart from a few stints out of province and living/working overseas I've tended to gravitate back to living under the mountain.
Auckland born and bred, spent a year in Palmy North, came back as fast as I could, went to Melbourne during the carless days thing, came home to Taupo, then back to Auckland - to the Shore this time, then to Blenheim, and now back to the Shore.

These days I'm up the hill from Devonport, and intend staying put for as long as I can. I counted up addresses once, and stopped at 44...
Christchurch here too...
Katikati.
welcome bay
Have lived in several suburbs around Auckland but now on North Shore and don't really want to live anywhere else. It suits me fine - we have everything near us, beach, shops, reserves, medical facilities (important at our stage of life).
I agree. Pretty much everything I need is within a half hour slow scooter ride, and the buses are okay for longer trips...
(27-11-2021, 12:44 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-11-2021, 12:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: [ -> ]  Oh yes, I was - not fun.
No, it was just awful. Was your area safe?

My Dad was a Kiwi, born in Christchurch. My Grandmother is buried at Bromley cemetary. Would love to go down there sometime, and visit it.
  Pretty patchy in our area, mostly OK though - unlike the poor sods in the red zone.
I live in a house. Unlike some greenies that still think a cave is the ideal location.
Hamilton here
(27-11-2021, 03:18 PM)namtak Wrote: [ -> ]I live in a house. Unlike some greenies that still think a cave is the ideal location.
Well, this Greenie is very happy with her tiny space. Lesson learned, we really do not need five bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a triple garage in order to be happy.

Big Grin
I've often thought a Hobbit hole would be comfortable to live in. That's a kind of cave.
Hobbit hole might have issues with dampness? Maybe OK if sufficiently ventilated.
(27-11-2021, 04:51 PM)Praktica Wrote: [ -> ]I've often thought a Hobbit hole would be comfortable to live in. That's a kind of cave.
As long as you have space for cameras.
Pages: 1 2