Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where do you all live??
I'm in Te Awamutu. Been here 5 years, but moving back to Hamilton within the next 2 years.
Christchurch - what's left of it.

But I grew up in the back of beyond, out in the country. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(27-11-2021, 12:29 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Christchurch - what's left of it.
You inspired me to ask this question actually. I read your post about the weather, and I thought, where are you. It's beautiful here.

Were you there when the quakes happened?
(27-11-2021, 12:30 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(27-11-2021, 12:29 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Christchurch - what's left of it.
You inspired me to ask this question actually. I read your post about the weather, and I thought, where are you. It's beautiful here.

Oh yes, I was - not fun.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(27-11-2021, 12:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(27-11-2021, 12:30 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: You inspired me to ask this question actually. I read your post about the weather, and I thought, where are you. It's beautiful here.

Oh yes, I was - not fun.
No, it was just awful. Was your area safe?

My Dad was a Kiwi, born in Christchurch. My Grandmother is buried at Bromley cemetary. Would love to go down there sometime, and visit it.
Dunedin - as you might have guessed from my cafe picks.
I do have other cameras!
Naki born and bred. Apart from a few stints out of province and living/working overseas I've tended to gravitate back to living under the mountain.
Auckland born and bred, spent a year in Palmy North, came back as fast as I could, went to Melbourne during the carless days thing, came home to Taupo, then back to Auckland - to the Shore this time, then to Blenheim, and now back to the Shore.

These days I'm up the hill from Devonport, and intend staying put for as long as I can. I counted up addresses once, and stopped at 44...
Christchurch here too...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Katikati.
A smile is more contagious than a virus. Smile
welcome bay
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Have lived in several suburbs around Auckland but now on North Shore and don't really want to live anywhere else. It suits me fine - we have everything near us, beach, shops, reserves, medical facilities (important at our stage of life).
I agree. Pretty much everything I need is within a half hour slow scooter ride, and the buses are okay for longer trips...
(27-11-2021, 12:44 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(27-11-2021, 12:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:   Oh yes, I was - not fun.
No, it was just awful. Was your area safe?

My Dad was a Kiwi, born in Christchurch. My Grandmother is buried at Bromley cemetary. Would love to go down there sometime, and visit it.
  Pretty patchy in our area, mostly OK though - unlike the poor sods in the red zone.
I live in a house. Unlike some greenies that still think a cave is the ideal location.
Hamilton here
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(27-11-2021, 03:18 PM)namtak Wrote: I live in a house. Unlike some greenies that still think a cave is the ideal location.
Well, this Greenie is very happy with her tiny space. Lesson learned, we really do not need five bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a triple garage in order to be happy.

Big Grin
I've often thought a Hobbit hole would be comfortable to live in. That's a kind of cave.
I do have other cameras!
Hobbit hole might have issues with dampness? Maybe OK if sufficiently ventilated.
(27-11-2021, 04:51 PM)Praktica Wrote: I've often thought a Hobbit hole would be comfortable to live in. That's a kind of cave.
As long as you have space for cameras.