Too Many Message Boards
Best office chair for working from home? - Printable Version

+- Too Many Message Boards (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Computing and Technology (https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Best office chair for working from home? (/showthread.php?tid=1548)

Best office chair for working from home? - funnykiwi86 - 16-09-2022

Hi Guys, 

What is your view on work from home setups? I'm spending less and less time at the office these days, opting for work from home. 

Problem is, I don't have the same kind of setup I had in the office. (Comfortable) 

There a couple of options with these guys (Desks and Chairs etc) Agile Office Furniture I've come across but it they can be pricey, so I want to be sure about what I'm buying before I go ahead with something. 
Your insight is appreciated!  Huh

RE: Best office chair for working from home? - king1 - 16-09-2022

i've always gone with just a basic chair, I don't see to much benefit in spending big money on them. all the ones I see seem to have the same set of castors and hydraulic/pneumatic lifting mechanism . and the lifting mechanism always seems to be the bit that goes first

RE: Best office chair for working from home? - king1 - 16-09-2022

this is my current chair, mainly because I use the dining room table as an office table and it aint too bulky
https://www.warehousestationery.co.nz/product/W2479467.html

RE: Best office chair for working from home? - Oldfellah - 16-09-2022

Ask your boss if their is a spare chair you can take home, if their is swap it with the one you use at your desk.

RE: Best office chair for working from home? - Olive - 16-09-2022

I use a standing desk at home and I love it. I started with a cheap cardboard construction to see how it felt, and after about a year I bought a proper adjustable standing desk from Warehouse Stationery (cost around $650 but there are cheaper, smaller ones) and it is perfect.

RE: Best office chair for working from home? - harm_less - 16-09-2022

I spend most of the day in front of a computer (online retail) and my knees are stuffed so standing desk isn't an option so spent the dollars on a good quality ergonomic office chair. Somewhere north of $800 from memory but comfort and back support definitely are top notch.

RE: Best office chair for working from home? - funnykiwi86 - 17-09-2022

(16-09-2022, 08:37 PM)harm_less Wrote: I spend most of the day in front of a computer (online retail) and my knees are stuffed so standing desk isn't an option so spent the dollars on a good quality ergonomic office chair. Somewhere north of $800 from memory but comfort and back support definitely are top notch.
Great suggestion @harm-less I will give this some consideration. I also get a few knee issues after a few hours!

Cheers

RE: Best office chair for working from home? - harm_less - 17-09-2022

(17-09-2022, 12:35 AM)funnykiwi86 Wrote:
(16-09-2022, 08:37 PM)harm_less Wrote: I spend most of the day in front of a computer (online retail) and my knees are stuffed so standing desk isn't an option so spent the dollars on a good quality ergonomic office chair. Somewhere north of $800 from memory but comfort and back support definitely are top notch.
Great suggestion @harm-less I will give this some consideration. I also get a few knee issues after a few hours!

Cheers
The best advice I received was that the office staff at the place I purchased this from were using and highly recommended this chair. Mine is without arms as I find they get in the way, and price is less too. Instruction video here.

RE: Best office chair for working from home? - Wainuiguy - 21-09-2022

(16-09-2022, 02:18 PM)funnykiwi86 Wrote: Hi Guys, 

What is your view on work from home setups? I'm spending less and less time at the office these days, opting for work from home. 

Problem is, I don't have the same kind of setup I had in the office. (Comfortable) 

There a couple of options with these guys (Desks and Chairs etc) Agile Office Furniture I've come across but it they can be pricey, so I want to be sure about what I'm buying before I go ahead with something. 
Your insight is appreciated!  Huh
I bought a decent office chair to WFH - was about $400 or so and was good - until I was sitting in it day after day.  Then the back issues started.   So changed to a gamers chair from Secret Labs.  Very comfortable, adjustable, supportive.  No back issues since I have had it.

www.secretlab.co.nz  

Looks like they have up to $150 off at the moment.