Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best office chair for working from home?
Thumbs Up 
Hi Guys, 

What is your view on work from home setups? I'm spending less and less time at the office these days, opting for work from home. 

Problem is, I don't have the same kind of setup I had in the office. (Comfortable) 

There a couple of options with these guys (Desks and Chairs etc) Agile Office Furniture I've come across but it they can be pricey, so I want to be sure about what I'm buying before I go ahead with something. 
Your insight is appreciated!  Huh
i've always gone with just a basic chair, I don't see to much benefit in spending big money on them. all the ones I see seem to have the same set of castors and hydraulic/pneumatic lifting mechanism . and the lifting mechanism always seems to be the bit that goes first
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
this is my current chair, mainly because I use the dining room table as an office table and it aint too bulky
https://www.warehousestationery.co.nz/pr...79467.html
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Ask your boss if their is a spare chair you can take home, if their is swap it with the one you use at your desk.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I use a standing desk at home and I love it. I started with a cheap cardboard construction to see how it felt, and after about a year I bought a proper adjustable standing desk from Warehouse Stationery (cost around $650 but there are cheaper, smaller ones) and it is perfect.
I spend most of the day in front of a computer (online retail) and my knees are stuffed so standing desk isn't an option so spent the dollars on a good quality ergonomic office chair. Somewhere north of $800 from memory but comfort and back support definitely are top notch.
(16-09-2022, 08:37 PM)harm_less Wrote: I spend most of the day in front of a computer (online retail) and my knees are stuffed so standing desk isn't an option so spent the dollars on a good quality ergonomic office chair. Somewhere north of $800 from memory but comfort and back support definitely are top notch.
Great suggestion @harm-less I will give this some consideration. I also get a few knee issues after a few hours!

Cheers
(17-09-2022, 12:35 AM)funnykiwi86 Wrote:
(16-09-2022, 08:37 PM)harm_less Wrote: I spend most of the day in front of a computer (online retail) and my knees are stuffed so standing desk isn't an option so spent the dollars on a good quality ergonomic office chair. Somewhere north of $800 from memory but comfort and back support definitely are top notch.
Great suggestion @harm-less I will give this some consideration. I also get a few knee issues after a few hours!

Cheers
The best advice I received was that the office staff at the place I purchased this from were using and highly recommended this chair. Mine is without arms as I find they get in the way, and price is less too. Instruction video here.
(16-09-2022, 02:18 PM)funnykiwi86 Wrote: Hi Guys, 

What is your view on work from home setups? I'm spending less and less time at the office these days, opting for work from home. 

Problem is, I don't have the same kind of setup I had in the office. (Comfortable) 

There a couple of options with these guys (Desks and Chairs etc) Agile Office Furniture I've come across but it they can be pricey, so I want to be sure about what I'm buying before I go ahead with something. 
Your insight is appreciated!  Huh
I bought a decent office chair to WFH - was about $400 or so and was good - until I was sitting in it day after day.  Then the back issues started.   So changed to a gamers chair from Secret Labs.  Very comfortable, adjustable, supportive.  No back issues since I have had it.

www.secretlab.co.nz  

Looks like they have up to $150 off at the moment.