Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Learning Tablet
Get a notebook, and spend some time writing down all the important details for online accounts. Numbers, log in details, passwords (yes, even with the Don't rule). Honestly, please do this. A very good friend of mine was widowed unexpectedly at Christmas. Fortunately she has her own money, because her husband was a secret squirrel, and everything - the car, the insurance, the house stuff was in his name and he handled it. Her lawyers predict twelve months before she can even sell the car (new) that she cannot drive.

On top of the grief the sorting out business is an enormous mental health burden as you can imagine. Don't leave your partners in that position.
All that's taken care of. Also had a friend in similar circumstances as you. Crazy not being prepared! Wife is a paper driven, hands on person after working for Gummint for years. I use a data entry program on my laptop and phone for account balances. It is excellent and the learning curve is miniscule. Tried to show he but she wouldn't have a bar of it Sad

Bye the way, it is called Money Manager EX if anyone is interested. Smile
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(17-06-2023, 11:12 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Get a notebook, and spend some time writing down all the important details for online accounts. Numbers, log in details, passwords (yes, even with the Don't rule). Honestly, please do this. 

on the subject of passwords you can also disguise them when writing them down also, put dots instead of certain letters, if its a common word you use you can just use the first letter followed by dots, that sort of thing. 

And date them! number of appointments I go to where people have there email password written down in three different places in the notebook from over the years...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Except these are there for someone else to use in an emergency - possibly someone who is a stranger to the home, like a lawyer or Executor.

And don't forget social media. I have several long gone friends still on my farcebook page, and their birthdays still come up. I guess I could just unfriend, but...

Must remember the date thing though, that's a very good idea.
(17-06-2023, 12:33 PM)king1 Wrote:
(17-06-2023, 11:12 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Get a notebook, and spend some time writing down all the important details for online accounts. Numbers, log in details, passwords (yes, even with the Don't rule). Honestly, please do this. 

on the subject of passwords you can also disguise them when writing them down also, put dots instead of certain letters, if its a common word you use you can just use the first letter followed by dots, that sort of thing. 

And date them! number of appointments I go to where people have there email password written down in three different places in the notebook from over the years...

Having them in a note book is what I also recommend. Way to many people select to remember passwords on the computer. Over the last few months had a few people who have their bank account details auto log on, AND had their laptops stolen. 1st thing was to call the bank NOW and change or block the passwords, and most dont remember what the password was anyway. Then theres the other cases, hard Drive dies suddenly- Everything lost including the saved passwords in a manager, AND of course no backups. Then theres the always good one " I don't have a password my mail just logs in"  Yeah Narrrrrrrr it dont.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
This went off topic.

We have given up.
One of the church people came and gave her a bit of a lesson with the church app. And wrote a few bits down.
Told to practice this and will come later for the next (church) bit.

I think it's never going to progress further from here.

(17-06-2023, 01:54 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Having them in a note book is what I also recommend.

My brother does and then forgets to write them in it.
Mine live in my head. If you use them, and never auto login in, it's not hard to remember them.
Like phone numbers.

That's the thing, people don't they use contact lists or auto login etc.

I had all mine and partners, inc supplier sites and the like once - 48 of them. In my head.
What happens when you die?
Everything is dark?
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
.........................!
(02-05-2023, 12:20 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: What happens when you die?
Well, I guess i was dead before I was born, but blowed if I remember any passwords. Might have been the trauma of toilet training? Or maybe wartime shortages took all the passwords for the war effort?
Entropy is not what
it used to be.