Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This government hates farmers
(19-08-2023, 03:07 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(19-08-2023, 02:55 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Fronterra was the worst thing to happen to the industry, its too big for its own good.
We were better off with more players in the sector.
That leads to international customers playing one seller off against another effectively dragging the returns down to those asked by the weakest player.

It may have worked for a while, but over time, they seem to be screwing everyone down. I know alot of farmers who feel let down by them.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(19-08-2023, 03:09 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(19-08-2023, 03:07 PM)harm_less Wrote: That leads to international customers playing one seller off against another effectively dragging the returns down to those asked by the weakest player.

It may have worked for a while, but over time, they seem to be screwing everyone down. I know alot of farmers who feel let down by them.
And the likes of Fonterra fully realise that they will be screwed down severely if they continue their current production model. If the NZ dairy industry continue in their environmentally damaging ways they will cease to have a market for their products. Dividing the production model into smaller subgroups will only serve to weaken the marketing potential further.
(19-08-2023, 03:18 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(19-08-2023, 03:09 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: It may have worked for a while, but over time, they seem to be screwing everyone down. I know alot of farmers who feel let down by them.
And the likes of Fonterra fully realise that they will be screwed down severely if they continue their current production model. If the NZ dairy industry continue in their environmentally damaging ways they will cease to have a market for their products. Dividing the production model into smaller subgroups will only serve to weaken the marketing potential further.

This country is too heavily reliant on dairy exports.
Diversity is important, NZ is more suited to sheep, yet we are seeing land converted to dairy in the south which needs significant amounts of irrigation to be viable.
Sheep could be quite lucrative and more emphasis needs to be made on wool products too.
Environmental impact with sheep is virtually none too compared to dairy.
(19-08-2023, 04:23 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(19-08-2023, 03:18 PM)harm_less Wrote: And the likes of Fonterra fully realise that they will be screwed down severely if they continue their current production model. If the NZ dairy industry continue in their environmentally damaging ways they will cease to have a market for their products. Dividing the production model into smaller subgroups will only serve to weaken the marketing potential further.

This country is too heavily reliant on dairy exports.
Diversity is important, NZ is more suited to sheep, yet we are seeing land converted to dairy in the south which needs significant amounts of irrigation to be viable.
Sheep could be quite lucrative and more emphasis needs to be made on wool products too.
Environmental impact with sheep is virtually none too compared to dairy.
But you asked me earlier to "Prove to me that sheep are changing the climate". Was that a trick question? Rolleyes
(19-08-2023, 04:23 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: This country is too heavily reliant on dairy exports.

It's all the dairy conversions that have led to all the pollution problems farmers are having to sort out...and which they don't like. Dairy farm after dairy farm on flat land with poor drainage, it's obvious the shit is going to build up. Farmers need to think outside the box and not do what the guy next door is doing. Some have, and are doing well.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(19-08-2023, 11:49 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(19-08-2023, 10:32 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Money before human lives...

No humans are at risk and if money is important if food costs more people will go without.
Climate change is a fraud, fabricated to install fear into the population as a way to control it and it appears to be working.

It is one of the more convincing frauds then, it has got the weather fairly widely convinced.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(19-08-2023, 09:36 AM)king1 Wrote: Well I personally think Farmers just need to wake up to the new reality of climate change...

It's a long read, but I read this statement below as a very good reason for farmers to get on board, otherwise they may find their market drying up...

Quote:At the same time, the commercial market has shifted, with companies like Nestle, Mars and Danone, which buy significant quantities of New Zealand milk powder, announcing they will only buy from suppliers who achieve significant emissions cuts. Their policies are driven by consumer preferences, as more customers demand lower emissions food. Offshore supermarkets, like British multinational Tesco, also have emissions targets.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/programmes/in-dept...-emissions

and so it begins...  I just heard on the news tonight that Fonterra want to cut 30% odd from their supply chain emissions
As a supplier Fonterra really have no choice...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(09-11-2023, 08:47 PM)king1 Wrote:
(19-08-2023, 09:36 AM)king1 Wrote: Well I personally think Farmers just need to wake up to the new reality of climate change...

It's a long read, but I read this statement below as a very good reason for farmers to get on board, otherwise they may find their market drying up...

and so it begins...  I just heard on the news tonight that Fonterra want to cut 30% odd from their supply chain emissions
Long story short, farming and manufacturing emissions will (already have) become the next non-tariff barrier and as a primary producer we either sort out our shit (pun intended) or we don't have a market. 

No amount of BS and CT bluster is going to change that situation and Fonterra are all too aware of this oncoming train, with the precision fermentation one following close behind.
who needs farmers eh, [Removed: Rule 2A]
yes i know
(10-11-2023, 04:43 AM)jim157 Wrote: who needs farmers eh, [Removed: Rule 2A]

farmers aren't going anywhere, but as with everything else, adapt or die...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(09-11-2023, 08:47 PM)king1 Wrote:

So 30% less animals is the answer then?
That's going to affect farmers profit.
Sounds a great plan for the economy doesn't it?
Food prices will be even higher.
Thankfully we have act and nzf.
We don't need to do anything more than what our trading partners are doing.
They won't stop buying our products, it's not like any other country will produce anything cleaner.
(11-11-2023, 07:41 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(09-11-2023, 08:47 PM)king1 Wrote: and so it begins...  I just heard on the news tonight that Fonterra want to cut 30% odd from their supply chain emissions

So 30% less animals is the answer then?
They won't stop buying our products, it's not like any other country will produce anything cleaner.
You've missed the point completely sunshine.

If we don't reduce the emissions from the way we farm and manufacture our products our customers will essentially blacklist New Zealand because they will perceive that our products aren't clean. No amount of BS and doubletalk will change that fact and to further compound the issue we have the longest freight routes on Earth to get our products to market so we're behind the eight ball before we even start in terms of food miles and environmental black marks.

But at least when our primary products' export value plummets as a result we'll have plenty of surplus to supply New Zealand's domestic market.
C_T_Russell: "Climate change is a fraud, fabricated to install fear into the population as a way to control it and it appears to be working"

The world has experienced its hottest 12 months on record, and El Niño is set to drive temperatures higher

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-09/m.../103073800

Climate change: Pope Francis warns world 'may be nearing breaking point'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-67005362

This year set to be warmest in 125,000 years, EU scientists say

https://www.ksl.com/article/50780544/thi...ntists-say
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
C_T_Russell: "Climate change is a fraud, fabricated to install fear into the population as a way to control it and it appears to be working"

And apparently, I really am Marie of Romania...Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(12-11-2023, 10:43 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: C_T_Russell: "Climate change is a fraud, fabricated to install fear into the population as a way to control it and it appears to be working"

Lovely to see you, Your Highness.
I do have other cameras!
(12-11-2023, 02:17 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 10:43 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: C_T_Russell: "Climate change is a fraud, fabricated to install fear into the population as a way to control it and it appears to be working"

Lovely to see you, Your Highness.

You too,peasant! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Who's to blame for climate change? Scientists don't hold back in new federal report.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...571146007/
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Up the well known creek without a paddle, then.

The world is a weird place. And humans are crazy.
Climate-heating gases reach record highs, UN reports

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...un-reports

Brazil: Health warnings as country gripped by 'unbearable' heatwave

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-67422663
(11-11-2023, 07:59 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 07:41 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: So 30% less animals is the answer then?
You've missed the point completely sunshine.

If we don't reduce the emissions from the way we farm and manufacture our products our customers will essentially blacklist New Zealand because they will perceive that our products aren't clean. No amount of BS and doubletalk will change that fact and to further compound the issue we have the longest freight routes on Earth to get our products to market so we're behind the eight ball before we even start in terms of food miles and environmental black marks.

But at least when our primary products' export value plummets as a result we'll have plenty of surplus to supply New Zealand's domestic market.
Yeah but that's only because consumers ate getting brainwashed by this crap.
You really think that cutting back 30% is going to Dave the planet?
Petrol cars are doing far more "damage" the real fact is the whole world needed to stop yesterday if any of this is true.
Animals are nature, the bacteria inside their gut produces methane, has a short half life and returns to the carbon cycle.
Feeding animals shit like new drugs and methane inhibitors is not the answer, nor is cutting back animals.
Seems all this is just over ideology rather than real science, and there is a ton of science coming out that proves agricultural emissions are of less concern than initially thought, even the IPCC agrees on this.
You may as well ban alcohol production which makes co2, and also compost heaps that make methane, even the forest floor in the bush makes methane from all the decomposing leaves and wood, etc.
You think our animals are the problem?
Easy target to go over the poor farmers though.
Then consumers will complain about prices, and then the solution provided will be to consume insects, they can fuck off. I'm not touching them.