Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Are We Here? On the Philosophical Possibilities of “Cosmic Purpose”
Posted without comment, except to say that this is a fairly good reasonably concise summary of the salient theories of today and yesteryear.:

https://lithub.com/why-are-we-here-on-th...c-purpose/
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Nature abhors a vacuum?
I'm not a religious person, but I am suspicious about ''life.''
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
When I was in my twenties, the Vietnam war was on & the My Lai massacre happened, which made me an atheist.
A bit later in life I had some experiences which made me instead an agnostic, which I still am. For me its the most honest stance because I don't know with any certainty what this world is all about, or whether or not there are gods of some sort. (Apart from the most revered cat goddess, Bastet obviously.)

My dad used to say that he believed that we're here to learn & the older I get, the more sense that makes to me.
But still, the world's a weird place. And humans are crazy. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)