Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things you don't hear so much anymore
We've had a gutsfull of it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
A stitch in time saves nine.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

If you sup with the devil use a long handled spoon.

Waste not want not.

All's well that ends well.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

All that glitters is not gold.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

There's a sucker born every minute.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Faint heart never won fair lady.

Love conquers all.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Barking up the wrong tree.

Have to see a man about a dog.

Burning the candle at both ends.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Man's best friend - a dog.

How many beans make five - two beans and a bean, a bean and a half and half a bean.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast.

Get away with your bother.

Cheeky little monkey.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
It warms the cockles of your heart.
Read the riot act.

Paint the town red.

Crocodile tears.
Big Wig

The 'Rapture'.

Many hands make lighter work.
Making a big song & dance about it.
Any port in a storm.

The elephant in the room.

Choose your battles.

Tomorrow is a promise made to no man.

Youth is wasted on the young. (The young wear their freedom like cheap perfume)

Life gets in the way.
Too big for his/her britches.

Too clever by half.
'Lizard aliens'
Pinch punch 1st of the month,  I'm 81 wife 78 she usually beats me to it!
A dollar short and a day late.

The more that things change the more they stay the same.
Mealy mouthed

Hell for leather.
Not backward in coming forward  (usually applied to a confident female)
Once in a blue moon.

Drives me up the wall.

Chokka/ chockablock.
You can put a ring around that.

I don't care two hoots.
it's a dead loss.

Stop bellyaching.

Get cracking.

He's a bit browned off.

You wouldn't bloody well read about it.

To the best of my knowledge.
You don't know your arse from your elbow.
I'll have his guts for garters.
Couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding.

Couldn't organize a booze-up in a beer hall.

Slap with a wet bus ticket.