Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible sighting of the Dad of missing family
(05-08-2023, 03:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 11:56 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Reminds me of the 2018 film "leave no trace"
Perhaps it was his inspiration?
I'm surprised his camp has not been located yet. With modern IR night vision gear, it should be piece of cake.
I wonder if landSAR/ police have considered use of drones? Would make it an affordable and cost effective option.

Haven't seen Leave no trace, but surely they will use drones, it would make sense.
Not a bad film, quite a similar storyline about a military veteran father living alone in the outdoors with his daughter.
See trailer.

(05-08-2023, 07:33 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(05-08-2023, 11:56 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Reminds me of the 2018 film "leave no trace"
Perhaps it was his inspiration?
I'm surprised his camp has not been located yet. With modern IR night vision gear, it should be piece of cake.
I wonder if landSAR/ police have considered use of drones? Would make it an affordable and cost effective option.
Plenty of caves to hole up in in that area. That would make detection by drone or IR vision gear pretty ineffectual.
I did wonder about that, either it's an undiscovered cave, or one on private land that sees very little exploration by cavers.
But either way, there are a ton of places to hide in the aera, he might not be staying in the same spot for long too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible sighting of the Dad of missing family - by nzoomed - 05-08-2023, 07:58 PM