Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hipkins values free speech - until he doesnt
(29-08-2023, 10:21 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't particularly like any group labeling another. I think it is better to let us label ourselves. That's freedom. That's respect. That's equity.

Choose for ourselves, not for others. We've earned it.  Names, identity, gender preferences, pronouns, clothes, food, life...

Agreed. I do think that Posy Parker should have been allowed to speak though, preferably without interruption so that everyone can understand her rather simplistic views, because some  people with those views are often very keen to impose restrictions on others. And ironically, prevent the views of those people from being heard.

Much like those of a religious persuasion; they often want us all to share their views & also want us all to make life hell for anyone who's slightly different. Gay people,trans people or whoever they disagree with.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hipkins values free speech - until he doesnt - by Lilith7 - 29-08-2023, 04:13 PM