Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona back to 19th entury, abortion law
(13-04-2024, 08:54 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: If you analyse 'religious nutters' - especially the ones who rise into prominence within our societies, you see a common thread that isn't religion at all. They are driven by much baser drives, greed, dominance, and  sex. They are using religion as their trojan horses to hoodwink the gullible into providing them with hoards of gold, enormous palaces, harems of concubines, and armies of sacrificial lambs, be they world wide organisations led by venerated popes and ayatollahs, or your local macbish leading his motorcycle gang of faithful followers...

Indeed; for some it seems all about power, control & wealth. Perhaps its time we taught kids in high school about the pitfalls of such things - Gloriavale is a good example currently but there are always others.
Having brought up 3 kids, that is as close as I ever want to get to power over anyone (its akin to herding cats, & not anything I'd ever want to do on a  wider scale) & I find it difficult to understand those who do. Dodgy Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arizona back to 19th entury, abortion law - by Lilith7 - 13-04-2024, 11:32 AM