Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming to America if Trump Gets In
AS I have said before, when Keith Richards met up with Trump at a party the Rolling Stones were having years ago, he ended up wanting to take a knife to Trump he was so infuriated by him and his schtick.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(21-07-2024, 01:39 PM)zqwerty Wrote: AS I have said before, when Keith Richards met up with Trump at a party the Rolling Stones were having years ago, he ended up wanting to take a knife to Trump he was so infuriated by him and his schtick.
Keith sounds like a good judge of character, and that would explain the Stones' threat of legal action against Trump using their music during a previous presidential campaign.
(21-07-2024, 01:55 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-07-2024, 01:39 PM)zqwerty Wrote: AS I have said before, when Keith Richards met up with Trump at a party the Rolling Stones were having years ago, he ended up wanting to take a knife to Trump he was so infuriated by him and his schtick.
Keith sounds like a good judge of character, and that would explain the Stones' threat of legal action against Trump using their music during a previous presidential campaign.

Good grief -- clearly Keef is a truly excellent judge of character,  & that incident was a tragic chance wasted. Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
We really have reached extreme derangement (and yet I suspect it can still get worse). Richards reports having wanted to stab Trump, and that story is retold as showing how bad Trump is and what a great guy Richards is. And then the response is to agree on how great Richards clearly is and wish that he had gone through with it?
Yes, I get that there is an element of "tongue in cheek" to the conversation, but it is still pretty messed up. I'm sure a few deranged individuals would have liked to have stabbed Ardern, and a few more would have "jokingly" wished it had happened; would that be an OK thing to "joke" about? But that is of course purely due to misogyny isn't it, whereas your reasons for wanting Trump stabbed to death are completely reasonable and rational...
And, to pre-empt the inevitable "don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say I wanted him stabbed to death", the inference in a "it was a chance wasted" comment is clearly that you wished Trump was dead. Had Trump been wounded in a stabbing years ago, it would make no difference to the present situation, so you can only be implying you wish that Trump had been killed.
I don't think Trump should be killed.

He should be in jail. One where he can get treatment for his mental health needs.
(22-07-2024, 10:07 AM)dken31 Wrote: We really have reached extreme derangement (and yet I suspect it can still get worse).  Richards reports having wanted to stab Trump, and that story is retold as showing how bad Trump is and what a great guy Richards is.  And then the response is to agree on how great Richards clearly is and wish that he had gone through with it? 
Yes, I get that there is an element of "tongue in cheek" to the conversation, but it is still pretty messed up.  I'm sure a few deranged individuals would have liked to have stabbed Ardern, and a few more would have "jokingly" wished it had happened; would that be an OK thing to "joke" about?  But that is of course purely due to misogyny isn't it, whereas your reasons for wanting Trump stabbed to death are completely reasonable and rational...
And, to pre-empt the inevitable "don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say I wanted him stabbed to death", the inference in a "it was a chance wasted" comment is clearly that you wished Trump was dead.  Had Trump been wounded in a stabbing years ago, it would make no difference to the present situation, so you can only be implying you wish that Trump had been killed.

Interesting that you take what is very,very clearly a non serious remark & allegedly have such a reaction to that. Dodgy

Trump is a dangerous man, he lacks both empathy & good judgement & if he's made President again then that will certainly be to the detriment of his country & almost all its people.

(22-07-2024, 10:19 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't think Trump should be killed.

He should be in jail. One where he can get treatment for his mental health needs.

Yep that would be the best outcome both for Trump & America.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Keith is a chip off the old block, salt of the earth type guy and easily relatable to, Trump is an arsehole.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
George Carlin seems to have had the current situation pretty well nailed:
https://x.com/i/status/1814874256938795472 (language NSFW)
(22-07-2024, 02:57 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Keith is a chip off the old block, salt of the earth type guy and easily relatable to, Trump is an arsehole.

Well yeah, there IS that. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

(22-07-2024, 03:18 PM)harm_less Wrote: George Carlin seems to have had the current situation pretty well nailed:
https://x.com/i/status/1814874256938795472 (language NSFW)

I love George Carlin...