Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh joy predicted 40c extra on a liter of gas.
(02-02-2023, 09:26 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: I more or less said that in a previous thread with you new guys joining.

https://tinyurl.com/26p7oca2

it's a fine line that we are trying to navigate - but I believe most of us here are fairly aligned in not wanting 'this' place to turn into the cess pit that is 'that' place - hence why we insist upon a modicum of decorum...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(02-02-2023, 10:39 AM)zqwerty Wrote: WE are just making a rod for our own backs, compared to the rest of the world NZ doesn't have a pollution problem, we are such small fry in the overall scheme of things that our token effort (E.V.'s) is just making a certain portion of the NZ community (intellectuals and do-gooders plus those who've already made their money and E.V.'s are like a fashion item) feel good about themselves.

To think that every little bit (absolutely minuscule) helps when we are so far away from polluted areas is silly and shows just how out of touch with reality the population is.  The Earth can handle some pollution it's just that there are so many other people in different parts of the world who really have no choice if they want to maintain their life-style.  They won't be sacrificing anything, they're too busy competing to the death.

Someone has to take the lead/initiative and that is something NZ is very good at - as a country we're probably compensating for something, a small member or mass or some such.  But someone, somewhere has to make a start...

(02-02-2023, 09:14 AM)SueDonim Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 07:00 PM)zkted Wrote:
They sure hammer us on this mb Gazza

They try. If you feel like a challenge you can argue back. Or you can just laugh at them and carry on. The problem for the message board is that newcomers who get hammered go away and leave the lefties in charge. I hope the current lot of new people stay around for a while. The board needs some variety.

Variety is fine and welcomed, abuse and name calling is not.  Some latitude is given to newbies while they get used to the way things are here, as might be inferred from this thread.

The Rules

I came here to live a reasonable life not to have to scrimp and save chasing after pie-in-the-sky solutions to problems which are insoluble and setting a good example because we are already way past the point of no return in order to feel good in front of an imaginary audience which wouldn't thank you anyway because they are already well and truly well on the way to hell (by which I mean, using all resources to get ahead in the rat-race) whether they know it or not.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche