Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end is Nigh apparently
If you believe what you read, this could end badly

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/warning-of-dra...42704.html
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Yeah we are probably screwed. With engineering it is usually best to go for conservative worst case scenarios when doing calculations, that way the outcome is going to be assured. Most people are doing the opposite and being unreasonably optimistic and magically hoping that everything will be OK if we carry on as we are. Sort of wishing the problem away. It is unlikely to work. Things are already getting worse.
ive got my fambam safety plan sorted when the sea starts to rise
its similar to our tsunami plan
were just gonna sit in the boat and wait
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(15-12-2021, 02:03 PM)Magoo Wrote: ive got my fambam safety plan sorted when the sea starts to rise
hmmm, I could think of a better place to be during a tsunami...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
we're a wee bit elevated here so i was kinda hoping the wave would have subsided to a gentle insurge of water.
conditions for which my boat is ideally suited
I am up high now, but will probably be well gone by disaster day. I worry about the grandkids in Oz though. I think Oz will suffer badly.
(15-12-2021, 02:03 PM)Magoo Wrote: ive got my fambam safety plan sorted when the sea starts to rise
Oh magoo
I do like you
This is not a haiku
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(15-12-2021, 02:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I am up high now, but will probably be well gone by disaster day. I worry about the grandkids in Oz though. I think Oz will suffer badly.
Most of that place looks like it's already been strip mined. What more harm could occur?
As the centre dries out population moves to the coast and the sea level rises while the bush burns.

I'm glad I live here...
(16-12-2021, 08:38 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: As the centre dries out population moves to the coast and the sea level rises while the bush burns.

I'm glad I live here...
We attended an outdoor wedding in Albury, NSW a few years back on a 43 degree day. Never seen so much water quaffed at an event and the glassware felt like it had just come out of a dishwasher (ambient temperature). Humans aren't designed to live in that climate.
The thing that gets me about Oz, is while they rip the guts out of the land to create their wealth they still try to farm that country, and every year we see the pics of starving animals put up to garner sympathy not for the abused beasts, but for those who continue to insist it is their right to be compensated for their stupidity.

Slow learners in charge? Or just more human greed...
australians are the only thing wrong with australia
that aside its a fabulous spot.
Its all rather scary, especially for those of us with descendants likely to have to live with it. We really need to be putting more effort into finding the best ways to deal with it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)